Three

Ruby's Pov

There he was. Standing before me, the same position as usual. His blue eyes now a misty grey colour, his jaw tight. His features showed no emotion. There was something beautiful, yet terrifying about him, and it captured me every night.

"I don't want to hurt you." He said factually, taking a step towards me.

"I really don't" he carried on. He was now right in front of me, his hot breath hitting my neck as he looked down at me. Like every othe night, I had no idea what he was talking about, but tonight i felt more scared than ever, because I now knew that this boy wasn't just in my dreams.

He was real.

"Ruby?" I heard a vaguely familiar voice whisper, and I opened my eyes to see I was sitting up. And there he was.

Luke was standing at the end of the couch, only the left side of his face visible due to the moonlight, the rest. cast into the shadow.

"Ruby it's okay. Why did you think I was going to hurt you?" He asked, and I frowned.

"Never mind.." I trailed off, expecting him to get up and leave, but he didn't.

"Can I get you anything..? Water or something?" Luke asked, sounding a tad uncertian.

"Oh, no thankyou. I might go for a walk. Get some fresh air, you know?" I said, playing with my fingers as Luke flicked the lamp on.

"It's 2AM Ruby.." Luke replied, staring me dead in the eyes, but I just shrugged.

"At least let me come with you?" He said, but it sounded more like a question.

"I'm not a child." I sighed, irritated that he thought I couldn't look after myself.

"You're 14. I'm not letting you walk around by yourself at this time." Luke stated, before heading back into his room. I took this chance to slide my shoes on and wrap my hoody around my body before sliding out of the hotel room.

Closing the door quietly, I scurried down the corridor and hit the button for the lift. The last thing I needed was Luke babysitting me, when he's the one I wanted to get away from. By now I was in the lift, and I saw that I had to go down 3 levels to get to the ground floor.

Floor 3

Maybe I should give Luke a chance? I mean, he seemed nice so far.

Floor 2

But in my nightmare he always seemed so intimidating. Like he wanted to hurt me.

Ground Floor

Maybe I should just forget about it.

And that's exactly what I was planning to do, until the lift doors opened, to reveal Luke leaning up against the wall just outside the lift. His arms were crossed over his chest, his blonde hair covered by a grey beanie, tufts of hair sticking out here and there.

"What the hell?" He asked, and I groaned loudly, throwing my head back in distress.

"Go away." I mumbled, heading for the lobby exit, but Luke followed close behind.

"No"

"Why?"

"I don't want you to get hurt"

I stopped in my tracks at this, and bit my lip to stop a grin spreading across my face.

"Ok fine." I gave in, and Luke smiled. By now we were outside in the dark night, rain pouring down onto both of us.

"Shit." I cursed, as I pulled my hoody up over my head. Luke glanced over at me at the sound of me cursing, before pulling his beanie off of his head.

"Here, take this." He ordered, shoving the beanie in my face.

"No, Luke. Your hair is getting soaked!" I whined, and he shrugged.

"Take it, or you'll catch a cold." He pushed, and I shook my head.

"Fine" Luke chuckled, before he stepped in front of me, faced me, and then pulled the beanie onto my head carefully.

"Better?" He asked, and I nodded, nuzzling my nose into my hoody as a drop of rain had hit it seconds before.

"Thanks." I smiled, and Luke shrugged, before shoving his hands in his pockets, and continuing our walk.

About an hour and a half later, me and Luke pushed open the hotel door. We had walked about 4 blocks, and then found a small cafe that was open. Luke had insisted to buy us both hot chocolates, so we sat and drank those before heading back. Not alot of speaking went on, and we were mostly silent. But it was a nice silence, a comfortable one.

I was brought back to the present moment, by someone tackling me in a hug.

"Ashton?!" I yelped, grabbing hold of him so I didn't fall.

" I was so worried about you! I woke up and you weren't there and you're shoes were gone and there was no note an-" I cut Ashton off by placing my hands on his shoulders and getting up on my tiptoes before hugging him.

"I'm fine Ash, don't worry. I"m sorry for scaring you." I sighed, and Ashton nodded as we parted, his frantic breathing now becoming more even.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." Ashton stated, reminding me of what Luke had said earlier on.

"I needed a walk, and Luke came with me." I smiled at Luke, before looking back at Ashton, who looked slightly offended.

"You could of asked me to come Ruby." He said bluntly, not taking his eyes off of Luke.

"He was already awake. I didn't want to disturb you." I said, my voice getting quieter as Ashton began to look more angry.

"Whatever, Ruby. I'm not bothered." Ashton growled, before storming back into his room.