Co-Captain

Stiles walks over to me as I continue to stare at the hospital doors...waiting for Derek to come back but I know he isn't.

"Let's go, that sounds like a good idea...right?" Stiles asks me.

"He left." I whimper out.

"He left to save you." Stiles says as he slowly wraps his arms around me in a hug.

"Scott was right." I bury my head into Stiles' collar bone.

"What did he say?"

"Oh god, he was right!"

"What did he say Odessa?"

"He said I'm the one who lost everything. I lost my whole family and that I have nothing now. Derek doesn't even love me. He will never love me like I love him. He will never want to stay with me because I have nothing to give him. That my family stayed in the house and left me alone...because they didn't love me. Nobody ever loved me and nobody will. Because nobody wants broken goods and that's what I am. You are just using me to figure out what to do with Scott. Lydia is using me for my clothes. Derek is using me because of my power. Everybody uses me...I'm like a paper towel. Once my purpose is over you will throw me away."

"You don't believe that do you? That's not true!"

"It is! That's why Derek just left me. He realized I'm broken goods and that I'm no longer useful to him. He threw me away...a used paper towel!"

"That's not true Odessa! Can't you see that?! Derek is insanely in love with you in his weird way! He literally always stares at you! He looks at you the way, I'm pretty sure, I look at Lydia! He is so in love with you and you can't even see that! Odessa. Derek Hale is insanely in love with you. He put your life before his own just now. What else do you need?!"

"He -"

"He does love you, ok? What! Does he need to tell it to your face in order for you to get that through your thick skull?!"

"He's in love with someone else."

"Who?"

"I don't know. But he told me earlier, when you interrupted us. He said he's been in love with this person for what seems like a lifetime."

"Really? Are you deaf? He meant you, dumbass."

"No he...wait....he did. He did! Stiles! I need to save him! Stiles! Help me get him back!"

"That was what I was trying to do you idiot!"

I jump up to my feet and I grab Stiles as I drag him out the hospital. I run over to Roscoe as I yank open the passenger side door.

"Woah, easy there. Be gentle with Roscoe." Stiles scolds me. I roll my eyes and get in. Stiles gets in and starts the ignition.

"Go to my loft." I respond with. Stiles drives off into the direction of my loft.

"Why?" Stiles asks out of curiosity.

"If I'm right...Derek will be there because he knows I can't go to sleep without him."

"What if he isn't there?"

"He'll be there."

"What are you gonna do?" Stiles pulls up to my loft and stops.

"I'm gonna save him." I jump out of the car and run into my loft. Stiles drives off as soon as I get out of the car.

"DEREK!" I call out as I enter my loft.

"DEREK?!" I yell louder as I run up my stairs. I look through every room of this loft while calling out his name. He's not here. Derek's not here.

I go to my bedroom and I sit in the middle of my bed. I slowly lie down on my back and stare at the ceiling. He needs to come home. I flop on my back and I roll off of my bed. I go into my closet and find some clothes to sleep in. I pull open one of my bottom drawers and see a pile of Derek's shirts that I've "borrowed".