Im not a kid anymore

Tuesday, October 14 2013

I walk inside with my head down. I feel my face getting hot. I simply go straight into my room, hoping I can avoid her lecture.

I close my door and I flop down onto my bed. I let out a breath of air I didn't even know I was holding. I just barely close my eyes when-

"What happened to "before midnight"? My mom says while standing in my door way. Her tone sounding irritated and disappointed. I was tired and I really didn't feel like explaining. I just wanted to go to sleep.

"We lost track of time mom no big deal, It wont happen again" hopefully that made her think. After all it was true. I did loose track of time. The beach was beautiful and I was definitely enjoying my time with Austin.

"Don't let it happen again otherwise you wont be leaving this house any more." With that she left, closing my door behind her. I was relieved. I was honestly expecting more but its all good with me.

After that little talk I didn't feel tired anymore. I turned over on my back and started looking through my phone.

Phone:

Instagram: 25 notifications

Facebook: 15 notifications

Messages: 5  From Austin.

When I saw the messages from Austin my heart skipped a few beats. I ignored everything else and went straight to that

Austin: I had an amazing time with you tonight. You looked beautiful as always. Sorry I got you home late but any second longer and... well never mind. Hope we can hang out again.

Austin: hey I didn't know if you got my first message so text me when u can

Austin: call me?

Austin: hello?

Austin: I also wanted to know what you thought as well so ya know answer when ever you can.

I didn't know what to think. He seemed really concerned. Must mean he really likes me!! I didn't know how to reply so I decided to call him. Maybe then it would be easier to spill out.

I go through my contacts and I pull up his number. I stop. I just realized he didn't answer my question about the date thing. All the more reason to call him. Right?

I push the call button. He picks up after four rings. "Hello?" He sounded half asleep. I kinda felt bad now. I feel my cheeks getting hot again.

" were you sleep. I'm so sorry . I can talk to tomo-" I said suddenly trying to rush off the phone. I didn't want him to think I was weird or annoying for calling him so late.

"No no its cool. I'm glad you called". I hear what sounds like him shuffling in his bed to get comfortable. He sounded more awake now. "So um.....are you gonna answer my question." I ask I feel like he had the same thing floating around in his head.

I was so hoping he didn't forget either. " well....I thought it was a date" he said, I could imagine him rubbing the back of his neck nervously. When he said that my heart fluttered. I was happy to know he felt the same as I did.

"What about you are you gonna answer mine?" He asked almost as if he needed my answer as a trade or a prize.

" honestly I had a amazing time. And the beach thing was fun. I've been many times before but being thing with you made it feel more special" at that point I was really blushing. I'm glad he couldn't see my face.

"Sweet. I'm glad you had a good time. So...um what ya wanna talk about?"

________________________________________

Sorry guys. I haven't been able to update in a while. I haven't had internet. So I'm updating as much as I can.

Thanks.

Vote please