Chapter 1

Hanging by a Moment- Lifehouse

-Cliche-

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned and slammed my hand on the alarm clock that woke me up every morning. My hand dragged it across my nightstand until it fell off, taking everything with it. This caused a loud crash, which caused me to groan louder. I don't understand why I can't wake up nicely in the mornings.

I laid in my bed just staring at my ceiling for quite a long time. The little swirling designs caught my attention for some reason. After a few minutes, it suddenly hit me that I had school today and still had to get ready. I hoisted myself off the bed and got dressed quickly in order to be on time for school.

I rushed downstairs, fixed myself a bowl of cereal and ran to wake my mom up so she could go to work.

"Mom? It's time to wake up," I whispered quietly to her. I definitely didn't want her to wake up angry. To say she wasn't a morning person was an understatement.

A pillow whacked my head and I collapsed on top of her bed hearing a muffled, "Go away!" I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. She was way too funny in the morning.

I went back to the kitchen for my fast breakfast and then ran out the door to head to school. Walking to school was something I actually looked forward to. I would be completely alone in my thoughts for a whole 15 minutes. It was one of the few times I ever had quiet time.

I let my mind wander to completely random things before I remembered the dream I had last night. It was the same recurring dream I had had for the past few month. I had it about once every week. I would always be running and carrying some girl who I felt like I knew. We would go over a cliff but never hit the ground. This dream frightened me more than I let anyone know. I had told some of my close friends about it, but the brushed it off as if it were nothing. But I could feel that it meant something, I just didn't know what.

As I walked up to the school I had been going to for the last three years, I thought of some of the fun memories we had. Like when Jake, one of my best friends, had blown up a bottle of ketchup all over the cafeteria monitor. Or when Luke, another best mate, set off a stink bomb in the teacher work room. There have been a lot of good things that happened in this school.

Walking up to my group of friends, I noticed that Jake had a new girl hanging on his arm. Just like every other week. I smirked at him and he just grinned. He was definitely the player of the group. Luke was sitting close by with his girlfriend of two years, Tress. The were the couple of the school that everyone was jealous of, because they were completely in love and we all knew it. I sat by them, waiting for the warning bell to ring for the start of school.

As I sat waiting, j thought back to my morning and realized it had been completely and utterly cliche.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Author's Note

So what do you think of the first chapter? I kinda liked it. The story will get more interesting. I promise.

.

.

.

.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

.

.

.

.

Becca xx