Oregon Vortex-Prologue

It all started one morning..
Our parents decided we could use some fresh air. They want us to stay in Oregon with our uncle for the whole summer vacation. I don't know why my sister is so excited about it but me, just a little.

"Wake up sweetie! It's morning." Mrs. Meyer said to his son.

"Auuugghh! Morning already? What's the hurry?" Ethan yawned, stretching his arms.

"Oh yes Ethan. I cooked you bacon and eggs for breakfast as well as your sister. By the way, if you can't remember, today is when you're going to Oregon to stay with your Uncle Sam for the whole summer vacation" Mrs. Meyer replied.

That's my mom. She's kind and sweet and likes to do house chores. One thing I hate about her is her favoritism to me when it comes to giving tasks to do. That's really annoying.

"Aren't you excited? We're gonna have fresh air with our uncle in Oregon. Just look on the bright side!" Dawn said in excitement.

That's my sister Dawn. She's always happy and cheerful. She always look on the bright side or should I say, optimistic. She's pretty annoying sometimes especially when she's calling me to help her but it's fun to spend time with her.

She likes to wear sweater especially the sparkly ones and those that has an animal face printed on it. She is also addicted to boy bands.

"Let's go Ethan!" Dawn said while running downstairs.

"Coming.." Ethan replied unlively.

"How you doin' Ethan and Dawn?" Mr. Meyer asked, "seems that you two are opposite."

"Well, I am so excited dad. In fact, I can't even wait to go there in Oregon because I've never been there." Dawn said.

"How bout' you Ethan? You look like you're not excited." Mr. Meyer said.

"I'm just a bit excited just because I'll learn more about living in the woods. What if our uncle there will just give me task to do just like what mom is doing to me?" Ethan complained.

"Cheer up Ethan. I promise, you're gonna love your Uncle Samuel. He's fun to be with." Mr. Meyer said, "Now eat your breakfast."

And that's my dad. He's just like Dawn. They're both optimistic and likes to cheer people up whenever something troubles them.

Until we finished eating. We brushed our teeth and took a bath and dressed up for our trip to Oregon.

"Bye kids! Take care!" Mrs. Meyer shouted.

"Bye mom! We're gonna miss you!" The twins said. "This trip sure is going to be long so let's sleep." Ethan suggested.

A few hours later, Ethan woke up and saw the sign of entering Oregon.

"Welcome to, Oregon. Dawn we're at Oregon now! We just passed up a billboard or a giant sign or whatever it is." Ethan surprisingly said in excitement.

"Auuuggh! Good watching bro bro! I'm so excited!" Dawn yawned and replied with giggling.

A few minutes later, the bus driver shouted the town we're going to.

"Oregon Vortex!" The bus driver shouted.

"Oh that's us! Hihi!" Dawn said with more giggling.

"Watch it Dawn! You're too excited." Ethan muttered as Dawn bumped him.

They went down the bus and entered Lockridge Falls, a small town of mystery in which nobody has ever solved, except for one.

"Woah. Lockridge Falls. I think I already read about this town and I remember that it is a weird town." Ethan said.

"Come on Ethan. Quit your nerd talk. Just look on the bright side about this town." Dawn whispered.

We walked and walked and got tired. We sought for help and got lucky.

"Excuse me miss, do you know any Samuel Meyer here in this town?" Ethan asked.

"Well yeah, he's living behind the pine trees over there. In fact, he's the only one living in the forest part of this town." The lady said.

"Thanks for the information miss!" Ethan said with gratitude.

Again, we walked and walked and finally, we made it to the forest part of the town. I'm a bit surprised after seeing a road in the forest because I thought of it as full of trees.

"Mystery Shack? Pretty good name." Ethan said.

We were absolutely surprised after an old man jumped in front of us. Then I realized that it must be our Uncle Sam.

"Welcome! You must be Ethan and Dawn huh?" Uncle Sam said.

"Yes we are. Nice place by the way." Ethan said.

"Let's get inside to start off your first day here at Oregon." Uncle Sam said while carrying the kids' travel bag.

And so, they went inside the Mystery Shack.

"So I'm your Uncle Samuel but you can just call me Uncle Sam."

"Well hello Uncle Sam it's really nice to meet you. This place is nice. It's like a souvenir shop full of interesting things to buy." Dawn said with a bit of excitement.

"Well it sorta like a gift shop. I also tour people around on the other room for odd and anomalous creatures and things." Uncle Sam replied.

"Just let us put our bags first in our room." Ethan said.

"By the way, where is our room? If it's up in the attic, then it will be way cooler than our room in Colorado." Dawn asked and elaborated.

"Yep, it's up in the attic." Uncle Sam replied.

And so they went up to the attic. The twins find it so messy and filthy. It's full of random trash and cobwebs.

"Woah. This room should really use some cleaning. It's so full of dust. We should really clean this up." Dawn complained regarding the attic.

"Forget about that. Just drop off your things on the couch downstairs. Let's enjoy this day!" Uncle Sam said.

"That's a great idea!" Dawn said.

They went outside and first went to the amusement park. They played games and had fun on the rides. They went next to the Oregon Vortex Museum. There, Ethan learned many things and got curious about a sculpture of different anomalous creatures.

"Wow! You didn't tell me how interesting this town is uncle. I really like those anomalous creatures sculpted in the museum." Ethan said.

"It's almost sunset. Can we climb up to the rooftop and watch it?" Dawn suggested.

"Sure thing!" Uncle Sam replied.

They climbed up to the rooftop and there, they watched the beautiful and lovely sunset.

"Alright it's already night. Go get some sleep you two."

"Okay uncle." The twins said.

They went up in the attic and realized something they forgot to do.

"Oh boy, we forgot to clean this room up." Dawn said.

"And remember to clean up the attic!" Uncle Sam shouted from downstairs.

And so they cleaned it up for their own sake. Then, they decided to sleep. Ethan get his diary and there, he wrote the happenings on that day. Either good or bad.

Ethan writing:

June 18, 2015

My day started dull, but I didn't really expect it ended up so fun. We went to our uncle's house which is called 'Mystery Shack'. I thought it was boring to be with him (because he's old) but wow, it is so fun to be with him.

We went to the amusement and my favorite part is when we went to museum. I wish it will still be fun tomorrow.

Ethan closed and placed his diary on the table. He turned off the lamp and slept.