Chapter 2: The Third Journal

~Ethan's POV

"What the.." I said after hammering the nail. It's really strange to hear a clanging sound coming from a tree. I tried to wipe the trunk of the tree and all I got was dust. I felt a spacing so I tried to open it. Turns out it's like a hidden control levers.

I tried every levers and suddenly, a hidden trap door on the ground opened up. It's too strange to find a book hidden underground. Who would do that and why would anyone do that?

I blew the dust on it and removed some webs on it. It's like a journal with various researches about anomalous and strange creatures and I'm really interested about it.

Ethan reading with his eyes

June 18,

It's hard to believe it's been six years since I began studying about the strange and wonder secrets of Oregon Vortex.
I studied about the anomalous creatures and suspicious equipments scattered around the town.
The journals were meant to store knowledge about this town but unfortunately, my suspicions have been confirmed.
I'm being watched. I must hide the journals before he finds it. Remember in this town, there's no one you can trust.
TRUST NO ONE!!

"Well that's just strange." I said.

I went back home. Dawn asked me something.

"Augh! What took you so long?" She asked while yawning. It is really obvious that she is very sleepy because of her eyes.

"I was about to hammer the nail on the trunk of the tree but suddenly, I heard a clanging sound. I opened it then there are this control levers and a trap door on the ground suddenly opened. Then I found this book."
I explained.

"What is that book? Why does it have a six fingered hand on its cover?" Dawn asked.

"I don't know. Let's go somewhere private. I don't want Uncle Sam to see this." I said.

We went to our bedroom so no one can disturb us.

"What is all this? Floating eyeballs, ghosts?" I said.

I am so interested about the journal I found in the forest. According to the book, they are scattered all around the forest and in some undiscovered places in this town. Floating eyeballs, ghosts, Glitch, gnomes, Hide-Behind, Charybdis, and many more! I began to get curious about the journal. With the number on it, it surely has other volumes. Who would be such smart to understand all these? Whoever he is, he's such a genius.

"Hey kids. Go to sleep now. Stop reading that book and get some rest. Tomorrow will be a great day." Uncle Sam said.

"Uncle is right. We should go to sleep now. I really feel sleepy now." Dawn said while yawning.

"Just sleep if you want. I'm gonna read more about this journal and try to figure out what it really is." I said.

I read for a long time until I fell asleep. I forgot to turn off the lamp. Then, I had this weird dream..

I was in a field with a universal machine filled with its destroyed debris. I also saw a swingset.

I walked slowly and found the same journal I saw in the spooky forest. It opened itself and all its pages turned so quickly and stopped on a certain page. It says that he was the most powerful creature that has ever lived.
He can do anything he wants in just a snap.

The journal stopped turning its pages and when it fell, I saw a bunch of anomalous and strange creatures. They all look familiar because I think I already saw all of them in the journal. Zombies, ghosts and many more!

They started chasing me then I just realized that in a dream I can do anything I want so I created a barrier to block their way. After some moment, they broke through the barrier and they started chasing me again. I ran quickly and fell into a portal then I was awake.

"Ah!" I screamed, gasping my breath. That was just one weird dream. I sleep after that.

Why have I dreamt of that? Does it mean something important that will happen to me?