Risks (eighteen)

Thirty-three: Zoey

I awake to find his arms around my waist and hear him snoring away in my ear. I shudder and slowly pull his hands apart and shuffle forwards and away from him. I look behind me. He's still asleep.

Good.

I get up off of the bed and slowly creep to the door. I try to step here and there in order not to step on a creaky floor board. I try. And I fail.

Shit.

"Mm, Zoey?" I mentally slap myself and turn around to face him. He grins at me. I glare. "Where are you going Zoey?"

"Umm" is all I can think of. Great going Zoey. He holds out his hand towards me as if wanting me to walk over and take it.

"What time is it?" He asks

"It's half past six" I reply. He looks at me; confusion clear on his face. Then he grins again.

"Come. Stay in here a little longer with me," I shake my head and back out of the room. "It's still early! And you look awfully cold, just lay with me for a bit and we can go downstairs together"

I'm dying to say no. But I don't want to suffer the consequences. So I slowly drag myself towards the bed, and I take my sweet time to sit down. I shuffle around. A lot. Hoping. That maybe it would piss him off and make him send me to the next room. But no. I feel his gaze on me. So I look at him. He continues to stare. So do I.

"What?" I ask after the short stare off. He smiles.

"You're. You're just. So beautiful." He sits up next to me and pulls me closer to him. "I'm so lucky to have you." He whispers. I roll my eyes and shuffle away from him. "Zoey"

"What?" I stare straight ahead looking at the wall across the room. He moves himself towards me. So I move away from him again. I'm at the end of the bed now. Nowhere to move to but the floor. For goodness sake. Darren does as I expect and moves right next to me.

"Zoey" He puts an arm around my shoulders and leans in close.

"What do you want Darren?"

"You" I turn my head and look at him. Before I even get chance to do anything else he grabs my cheeks and pulls me towards him so our foreheads are touching. He looks me directly in the eyes. "I love you Zoey" I glare at him. I can feel the anger build up inside. How dare he do this to me. My life was fine until he came along and ruined things. So I sit there and suddenly find myself grinning at him. I feel a change now. Like I'm a new person. I find my self giggling a little. Looking at the confusion on his face humours me even more. I'm laughing now. Laughing so much.

"I love you zoooeeyyy" I mimic as I continue laughing. He looks hurt now. Good. "Hahaha you! Love me?" He nods his head his lips turned downwards. I laugh even harder now. "Aaawwww, you're in loooveee with me!" I stop laughing and look him directly in the eyes. He looks at me like he's about to cry. I lean in close to him. "I love you too"

Thirty - four: Darren

I was so hurt when she started laughing. But now she's told me she loves me too. I feel amazing. I grin at her and peck her lips hoping that she'd let it lead onto something more. But she moves back glares at me and wipes her lips roughly with the back of her hand. I gasp.

"Z-Zoey?"

"What? You didn't think I was being serious did you?" She laughs.

Kill me now.

The pain. It hurts so much; how could I have been so foolish? My eyes cloud over. Betrayal. That's what I'm feeling right now. Fucking bitch. How dare she even lie about love. I clench my jaw and take a deep breath.