I love you as dark things are loved, in secret between the shadow and the soul

Astrid’s P.O.V

 A week went by and I hadn’t seen Reid for most of the week but every time I did see him he always covered his face and every time I would walk up to him he would use and escape my sights, I hadn’t gotten much sleep for that week even with Pouge, Tyler and Caleb sleeping in my dorm and waking me before that shadow could take control of me again I just didn’t feel completely safe without Reid holding me like he used to. Whatever that doctor did to me I was grateful, the wound was healing nicely and the bits that had healed didn’t scar but still all I want to do is go to sleep but every time I close my eyes I see it, The shadow, but why me? Why attack me I haven’t got anything good to offer the stupid dick. A knock came from the solid, cedar door. “Astrid, can I come in?” I’d know that voice anywhere.

Ok Reid but is anyone else with you?”

No it’s just me.” He opened the door and he was slightly bruised and he had a cut over his eyebrow that was almost healed but I could still faintly see it. I hope that he couldn’t see the look on my face at the moment “Don’t worry about me Astrid; I had a disagreement with someone.” How could I not worry is this the reason why he had been avoiding me all week?

Who did that to you?”                     

Don’t worry about who did it to me.”  I hated the way that he always kept these types of things a secret from me; he always said that it would be better if I didn’t know and that if I didn’t know it would be easier to protect me. “So how you feeling baby girl?” I loved it how he called me that, but only when he says it, like the other boys except Caleb are always calling me baby girl and it just didn’t sound right. In a way I hate it. But I’ve liked Reid since Caleb introduced me to him but Caleb always told me about how big of a sleaze he is.

Yeah I’m doing ok; the cut stopped hurting I guess. All I want to do is sleep but I’m too scared to close my eyes.”

Do you want me to stay here while you have a sleep? If anything bad happens I can ring the boys and wake you up.”

You just want an excuse to sleep with me.” I had to be playful with Reid while I could. “But I dunno what happens if Chase hurts me before you can wake me up?” I don’t have a clue why I said it was Chase but everything seemed to fit. The eyes were as black as night, the human shaped shadow was a solid type of man and I knew I had heard its voice before.

Chase? How can you be sure it was him, I thought Caleb destroyed him?”

So did I but I don’t even know if it was him or not but it just seems to fit, everything about that shadow fitted Chase.” I could see the worry in Reid’s bright blue, icy eyes as he paced my room from one side to the other. “What are you worried about, you don’t have to see him.”

I’m worried because I don’t want that little bitch to hurt my reason for living.” What, can you say that again please Reid? His eyes widened and his face blushed, he put his hand over his mouth and looked up into my eyes. “Oh shit sorry Astrid I meant to say, ummmm.” He paused like he was thinking tremendously hard and for Reid that was an effort and a half. “Oh who am I kidding? Astrid I’ve liked you for at least 8 months now, that’s why I’ve been avoiding spending time alone with you this year. And I didn’t want you to see me with my face busted up so I was avoiding you this week but Tyler has been keeping me updated. I know this is a really bad time but I want us to be more than what we already are, what do you say?” He walked towards me with one thing on his mind his eyes were locked on me and my god was his face red. He got to his knees right in front of where I was sitting on the bed and grabbed the outline of my face being mindful of my partially-healed wound and I just nodded, wordless and love-struck I jumped a little to meet his face and in no time our lips collided with just the perfect amount of force. We rose in harmony to position ourselves to make things easier. Our lips did a type of dance with each other moving in sync then his tongue asked for entrance by grazing at my bottom lip, of course I allowed it entrance and our tongs explored each other’s mouths for minutes. The taste of bubble gum ice-cream was still in beaded in his mouth witch made this experience even better.  We finally released each other as I looked into Reid’s beautiful eyes. “I’ve missed you Astrid, I love you as dark things are loved, in secret between the shadow and the soul.” I was gobsmacked, did he just say that he loved me. Out of nowhere to wreck our romantic moment there was a knock at the door.

“Ash, don’t worry it’s only me Tyler am I right to come in?” He sounded depressed in a way and before I knew it he was opening the door.  I was still in Reid’s arms with his saliva on my lips so him and I quickly jumped back from each other and wiped our mouths I dove on to the bed and Reid’s grabbed something to look at, he ended up grabbing one of my lacy bras. Great.

What’s up Tye?” I’m hoping he didn’t notice that Reid and I were puffing. ”Reid, Put that down now! I shot a death stare at Reid hoping he would get the message to be his own witty self.

Why does Reid have one of your bras? It better not be the one you’ve been wearing all day Ash, or Reid’s not so pretty face will end up uglier than normal,  if that’s possible.” I hated the way that Tyler tried to act like my dad or worse yet Caleb, but if that’s what it took to make him happy I would put up with it.

Chill out Baby boy, she wouldn’t take her bra off for me, trust me I asked and you can’t even  beat me in a game of pool how would you be able to beat me in a fight?” How can he be so calm about this, Tyler almost caught us kissing and Reid’s acting like it didn’t even happen.

Oh yeah, well lets head to Nicky’s tonight to see if that’s true. 100 bux says I can beat you in pool.” Tyler was almost as cheeky as Reid but he still had a fair while off being as sassy as Reid.

I don’t know where you’re gonna get the money baby boy but you’re on. Anyway Tyler, what are you doing here?”

Class is over you douche bag, I’m surprised the other two aren’t here yet.” I was more surprised then Tyler that the other two weren’t here yet. “Speak of the devil’s, where have you guys been?” I drew my attention of the platinum blonde god to watch my brother and one of my best-friends walk through the door only to drag Reid out of the room.

Hey guys, what are you doing?” Reid was as puzzled as Tye and I were and when Reid gets confused he also gets angry. “Put me down you dicks, now!” Caleb shut the door behind himself and Tye locked the door from the inside and sat down in front of it just staring at me with his hazel eyes.

Tye what’s going on?”

They’re just asking him some questions but Caleb told me that you were not to hear what they were saying to Reid. Now please do us both a favour and tell me what’s going on with you and Reid?”

Nothing, why?”

Don’t lie to me Astrid;  I’ve known you for 11 years I know when you’re lying.” How can he do that? He can tell when I’m lying even when I keep a straight poker face.

I don’t know what’s going on with Reid and me, I like him but I don’t know if he only wants to use me as an object or if he actually does love me.” I know he said that he loved me but how many other girls did he say those three words to? The hurt that was clearly shown on Tyler's face, I hated this feeling; guilt. Just as Tyler was about to ask another heart breaking question the door started shaking and out of nowhere it was thrown off the metal hinges. Tyler jumped up as leaped in front of me and as he did a ugly, grotesque thick, black cloud of smog floated through the freshly destroyed door like it had just made a grand entrance.

"My dear Astrid, still breaking hearts I see." It chuckled.