Ice Skating (Raura)

I went to an ice skating rink on the rockefeller to ice skate for the first time and during the break, something special happened to a specific couple so I decided to make a Raura story out of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura's POV

"Where you taking me!!!" I ask. I wanna know. There's so much to do in New York. "Well it won't be a surprise if I tell you" Ross tells me handing me my jacket. "Aww, please tell me. You know I hate surprises" I whine. "Well too bad, cause this is a surprise"

"Are we going on car or train?" I ask. "duh, train, subway"

"But that gets crowded!"

"If we get on car we'll get stuck on traffic," Ross says leading me outside. We walk to the train. Ugh where are we going. Surprising the train wasn't too crowded. I thought it would be since tomorrow's New Year's Eve. Ross sits next to me, kisses me on the cheek and says "I love you".

"Love you too" I smile forgetting about wanting to know where I'm going. I rest my head in his shoulder.

"Well, we're here" Ross interwinds our hands. "Already!?" Ross and I exit the train and then the subway train stations with our hands intertwined. We have lived in New York for about 3 years. We moved in together. We have been a couple for about 6 years and best friends clear since Kindergarten.

We walk through the streets of Manhattan and it was pretty crowded. We turn a corner and I see the giant and he leads me closer to the exit of the ice rink . "Ross it's too crowded don't you it's crowded?" He smiles, "The more crowded the better." He leads me to the exit of the rink and he pulls out a ticket for two and shows it to the guard. The guard smiles "good luck!!!" He pats Ross's back. Good luck for what? "Ross aren't we supposed to wait the line?" I squeeze his hand. "I may have planned something, now no more questions and enjoy" he smirks.  We walk down the stairs to the skating rink and into the place where we keep our shoes and rent some skates. We ask for our skating shoes and they immediately get it for us. Every worker keep telling Ross 'Good luck' and giving me a smile. We sit on the benches and when I was about to take off my shoes, Ross stops me and says, "no, let me put take off and put on the shoes for my baby"

Ross takes off my shoes and puts on my skating shoes and then does the same for him. "Does it fit?" He asks. I nod. He gives our shoes to a worker and he smile giving him a ticket and again saying "good luck, don't be nervous". Wow. Nervous for what?   He walks back to me and helps me stand up. "Hold on to me, it's hard to walk with skates." I hold on to him like he said. We walk back outside and we enter the skating rink. I have never went ice skating before. "Ross, you know I have never ice skates before right?"
"I know, that's why I brought you here."
"Ross, don't you know how to ice skate"
"Of course, don't you remember I've played ice hockey since I was 3"
"Ross it's too slippery"
"Just hold on to me"
I did just as he said and hold on to him.
"Do it as if you're walking and when you pick up your feet don't do it to high. Just like as if you're slightly dragging your feet but you aren't"
I do just that and luckily I start skating a bit.
"Wow you're a fast learner" he leads me back to the benches for a mini break to tie my shoes a bit tighter. I look at the skating rink and see a girl with bangs and a low ponytail with a gray jacket just entering the rink with no idea of how to skate. and the problem was that there was nobody to show her. She need to find out on her own. She was grabbing on to the railings and asking people to move so she can get through. (That girl was me, for your information, I needed to find out how to ice skate on my own, cause my mom gave up too easily and they were afraid that they were gonna get hurt -.-) "Well, I'm done with your shoes, time to get back on the ice!" I nod and he grabs my hands. I start ice skating a bit faster and soon enough I slip, but Ross catches me just in time. "Thanks" I smiled. Ross and I rest at the railing, in front of the tree to get a closer look of it with his arm wrapped around me and me still holding on to him. I look at all the people in the skating rinks. "What are you staring at, beautiful?"
"At other people, there are some that it's also their first time" I say pointing at the girl a few feet as away from us. "She'll be ok. That's how I learned and look at me now, you learn by slipping" he smiled. "Then why don't you let me fall"
"You slipped though, slipping doesn't always mean falling"
"Well that girl has already slipped a few times but ended up in her knees, she would fall a little backwards but maintain her balance"

  We heard a "sorry excuse me" we turn around and the girl with a gray jacket smile "sorry this is my first time going ice skating"  Ross and I Move out of the way and she keeps holding on to the railing. And Ross keeps on showing me how to skate "practice makes perfect" he says kissing my cheek.
"Wow you've gotten better at this,"
"Well it got easier with you"
"You do have an amazing yet handsome teacher" he smirks.
I roll my eyes, "I admit, true. But that's the the whole reason. My boyfriend gets to be my teacher" I give him a peck on the lips. 

. Ross and I skate and he leads me to that center. "That tree sure is enormous!!!" I stare at the tree and Ross chuckles. "I'd do anything to make you happy, no matter what it is. Anything for my girlfriend Laura Marie Marano." I deeply blush. "You don't have to do me anything, you already make me happy by you being with me and being my boyfriend." Christmas songs were playing and I was enjoying the sight. I love my boyfriend so freaking much. Every single day I love him more and more. More that it's not even possible to love him more than I already do but my love and feelings  for him keeps getting bigger and stronger. He's  the best thing that has happened in my life. I drag him to the middle, and give him a huge kiss, he kisses back and when we pull away I whisper: "I love you so so SO much that gazillions of  I love you's isn't enough"

"my love for you is bigger than the number of people in this world". We keep skating and Ross stops "since you're getting so good at this, I'm gonna let go of one hand" he lets go of my left hand and intertwines his right hand with my left hand. "Let's take a picture, I wanna remember this." I say. He takes out his phone and he wraps an arm around me and takes a selfie with me with the tree and the golden statue behinds us. The first picture was us with smiles on our faces . The other ones were with us with silly face and another one of us kissing and me kissing Ross on the cheek and another of him kissing me on the cheek. I check his photo And his camera roll are mostly pictures of me. Also his screen lock background was of me and him with his arms around me. And his case was a picture of me. "Stalker" I whisper to him. He chuckles. I look at the people out of the skating rink and find Ross's family along with with my family. I wave at all of them excited that they're here cause I really miss them and they wave back. The whole family back together. "Ross look! Our families!" I point at them. He waves at them also. We both skate and out of no where, we both slip falling on the ground. Me ending up on top of Ross. We both laugh until we see that the girl with the gray jacket and the red sweater that was in front of us slips and fall. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I tell the girl. "No, It's ok" she smiles. She stands up and starts skating better than before. This time she wasn't holding on to the railings.

"Time to go out everyone! if you're coming back on the ice then wait on the benches." all the rink workers yell. "Ross let's go, it's a break" 

"We're allowed to skate for a few more minutes," Ross leads me. I look at the workers and they signal me to keep skating. While they signal the other people to come over. people rushed to the benches making the girl slipping on her knees and after she got up she fell again in her knees and a rink worker helped her up. The song All Of Me by John Legend comes up and our families took our their cameras. Ross skates with me and we stop in front of the Huge Tree. He holds both of my hands.

  " Laura, Ever since I met you, I have loved you and I will always love you with all my heart. You're the best thing that have ever happened to me. We've known each other practically for our whole lives. I only want to be with you and only you. I love you so much and I want the whole world to know it." He gets on one knee while everyone gasps including me and takes out a box. Tears escape my eyes  "So Laura Marie Marano, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" He opens the box and I stood there frozen crying tears of joy. "No Ross...." His smiles fades. "You will be doing me the honor of me getting to be your wife. Yes Ross I will!!!" His smiles appears again and even wider and places the ring on my finger. I hug him and he hugs tighter while we share a kiss and everyone cheers. "I love you,"

"I love you more"

We skate back inside to get our shoes getting a lot of congratulations. we ask to get our shoes back and we get our shoes receiving more 'congrats'. We sit next to a women trying to take her shoes off and her in the benches in front daughter helping her. The daughter was the same girl with the gray jacket and the red sweater.  The girl looks over to us and say "congrats!" with a smile.

"thanks" i respond. She keep on helping her mom which is complaining about the shoes and the girl tells her something but in another language that we couldn't understand. I bet she was talking about us and the proposal. I stare at the ring tears of joys still sliding down my cheeks. "That diamond is sure big, I love it" I say. "well anything for you" Ross says and we share a small kiss. We return the skates to and leave. The girl was gone. We walk outside and the girl walks up to us and says again "Congrats. Again". We leave and meet up with our families.