Last Time

Abby's last game. Mixed emotions.

Happiness that she was going out on her own terms, as a World Champion.

Sadness that she wasn't sticking around a while longer.

New Orleans. Shannon came to the game, Christie too.

"Amy!" Someone yelled. Amy looked. 

Lauren. 

"You're here!" They hugged each other. "I didn't know you were coming?"

"I was in the area heard that the USWNT was playing, thought I'd come see what they were all about." Lauren said smiling.

"They're really good but one of their best players retired." Amy said. "But we're still good."

"I SEE CURLS!" Kelley screamed. She ran over to Lauren and hugged her. "It's so nice to see you."

"You too Kel." 

"And look at you. Getting prettier every day."

They all laughed. 

"Jrue is one lucky man." Tobin said walking up behind them. "I missed you." 

"I missed you too Tobs."

Everyone greeted the recently retired, and Christie who was home dealing with an injury.

The team took the field for warmups.

"Ready for this?" Lauren asked as she walked up. They all held hands. "Last one."

"For real this time." Tobin said.

"Unless you want to come out of retirement." Amy trailed off.

They laughed and jumped onto the pitch.

Tobin and Amy ran towards the team as Lauren trailed behind with a sad smile on her face. She knew they'd be alright.

During the game Amy and Lauren sat next to each other on the bench, watching Tobin do what she does best. Break ankles. 

The game ended, with a loss just like how 2015 started.

They were ready for 2016, the Olympics and a record 4th NWSL season.

Amy smiled. 

"What's got you all happy?" Lauren asked.

Amy looked at her son. "Life's just good right now."

GUYS AROD IS PREGNANT!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY BUT ALSO SO LIKE WHATTT CAUSE NOW 2016 WON'T INCLUDE AROD AND TOBIN WILL BE ALL BY HERSELF!!!!! Also no Cap either for the 1st camp but she will come back and be 10x stronger than she was before! BRING IT ON 2016 THE GALS ARE READY!