Chapter One

2013, Feb. 20

I quickly jolted awake to the sound of alarm clock. Today's the boys last day at school. I sigh, slowly walking into my bathroom. I looked at my reflection. I flinch when I see my crazy hair and puffy red eyes.

"Well don't I just look gross" I said slightly giggling. I ran my hand through my hair

" I guess Ill just say that I'm tired again" I mumbled. I went and turned on my shower, then walked to my closet getting my school uniform. I got in the shower, soon after I started to slowly cry. I mean today's the last day I get to see three of my best friends at school. After my tears subsided I got out of the shower, and slowly got dressed. I never put to much effort in how I looked. That's just how my dad raised me. I guess that's why no ones wanted to date me. I grabbed my back pack off my desk and left. I quickly got past my mom unnoticed, she was to focused on my brother, and sister to notice. I took a deep breath as I stepped outside. I slowly walked to school, I still had 30 minutes till school starts, so by the time I get there the bell for class should ring. Something about to day just didn't feel right and it wasn't because it was the boys last day. I felt my anxiety get worse as I stepped in the crowed hallway of school. I quietly made my way to my locker. Just as I finally got it opened Kaitlin, Michaels long time crush, shoved it closed laughing.

"Oops" She said shrugging walking off. I sighed trying to open it again with my shaky hands. A hand reached over my shoulder unlocking my locker for me.

"Thanks Luke" I said opening my locker taking out my textbooks.

"You didn't take your meds did you" Luke said leaning up against the locker next to mine.

"I didnt have the time, and I'll be fine without it" I said shuting my locker.

"Well lets head to class then my lady" Luke said taking my textbooks making me giggle.

~~ After School~~

I quickly got out of my seat so I could go see Luke, Cal, and Michael. The three of them stood at Lukes looker as Luke got all his stuff out of his looker. I could feel my heart start to go crazy as I saw Michael. I quickly smiled walking up to them.

"Hey guys" I said smiling. They looked and smiled, but their smiles were the fakest ones I've ever seen, something had to be wrong.

"Hey Rachel" The said in a flat tone.

"Whats wrong" I said slightly tilting my head. I held my textbooks closer to my chest.

"You cant come to the airport tomorrow" Luke said looking at me sadly

"Why" I asked. They looked at each other looking for an answer.

"We just don't want you to get hurt" Calum said.

"I'll be fine" I said smiling.

"No means No Rachel" Michael said with a raised voice scaring me.

"Come on guys lets go" Michael said walking away. Calum and Luke smiled sadly at me and walked away. I stood there confused, and heartbroken. After a few minutes I started to walk out of school to go home. As I walked outside I saw Kaitlin standing with her friends at the bottom at the stairs. Shes everything I'm not, and shes everything Michael wants. I looked down at my feet walking down the stairs hoping that she wouldn't talk to me.

"Hey Rachel" Kaitlin shouted at me. I looked up and smiled and waved at her.

"Are you excited to go the airport tomorrow with the boys?.. Oh wait your not going, its pathetic really, you really thought you could go in the first place, you wanna know the real reason you're not going, its cause if they were ever seen with you that would ruin them, and couldn't chase their dreams, I mean look at you, your a mess, do you not see how ugly you are, if you really do care about them I suggest you completely leave them alone" She said smirking. My heart broke with every word she said.

"Thank you for telling the real reason" I said smiling walking away. Once I was far enough away I let the smile fall from my face. Everything she said was true, and I knew it I just didnt think that I was that bad. As I walked home it slowly started to rain.

"Just great" I mumbled to myself.Once I got home I went straight up to my room. I shut and locked my door. I went and sat down in front of my mirror. Kaitlin was right, how did I ever think that Michael would ever love a girl like me. Thats when I felt my shatter, I lost my best friends, and the love of my life.