Chapter 3 - First Day jitters and a Hangover

I'm dedicating this chapter to Magcon_Girl_4Ever to say thank you for supporting all my stories

I jump up and nearly fall out of bed when my alarm goes off and groan at the sudden pain and wave of nausea that hits me. Shit! My head hurts and it tastes like something died in my mouth. Dammit Bel, why couldn't we wait till the weekend to celebrate?

I switch off the alarm on my phone and check the time. Crap! Its already 07:45, I quickly get out of bed and go to the adjoining bathroom. I walk in and see a gorgeous claw-foot bathtub, I really cannot wait to try it out, but it will have to wait for now and I reluctantly climb into the shower.

I finish drying myself off and walk into the room, only to realize I have no clothes to wear! Shit, stupid landlord with his stupid eviction notice! I cannot wear yesterday's clothes. I'm going to have to raid Bel's closet... I quickly make a steaming cup of coffee and rush into her room. I put the coffee down on her nightstand and softly push at her shoulder while whispering "Morning Bel, I'm sorry to wake you, but I need clothes and I'm going to have to take one of your new pairs of underwear."

Annabelle groans loudly and rolls over mumbling "Yeah, sure, take whatever, but leave the new red thong! It's mine. You know where everything is. And the underwear is still in its bag."
I quickly hug her and she swats me away, I chuckle and shake my head at her - she is a fiend when it comes to her beauty sleep. "Thanks, you're the best! And enjoy the sleep."

I quickly rummage through the bag of lace panties and take the black one, luckily Bel and I wear the same size. Once I'm done getting dressed I look at myself in the mirror, my long blond hair is in waves, the pastel green shell top with pearl like beads compliments my blue eyes and I'm wearing a black pencil skirt that unfortunately shows a bit too much leg. I put my own heels on and let myself out, I decide to walk as work is right around the corner and I get there in 8 minutes.

Once I'm in front of the big double doors I take in a deep breath and walk inside. I immediately see a small coffee stand in the lobby and walk over to buy myself a cup. I take a refreshing sip and get on the elevator, but this time I'm not alone. I'm with seven other people and to say its stuffy in here is an understatement, it takes twice as long to get to the top floor and I'm getting impatient. I cannot be late on my first day, I really should take the stairs.

Once the elevator stops and opens at my floor, I'm the only one left. Finally, I quickly walk over, past the receptionist and give her a small smile and I'm only slightly surprised when she glares in return. Honestly, what on earth is her problem?

I decide to ignore her and walk to studmuffin's office, the door is slightly open and I knock asking entrance. There's silence before I hear a gruff and husky reply "Come in and close the door behind you" I follow his instructions and walk towards his hunched figure. He looks so handsome when he has his face pulled in concentration, he doesn't notice me as I make my way closer so I take the opportunity to look at him. He is wearing a navy blue suit, silver tie and his thick sandy blond hair is tousled and wavy and I must say the sight of him sends my heart in a fluttering cacophony of 'lub dubs'.

I get the urge to just reach over and run my hands through his hair, it looks so soft and in that moment I realize that I'm completely enamored with this man, one that I've just met and I start to panic. I'm supposed to pretend, I cannot have actual feelings for this man! Oh lord... What am I going to do now? I take in a deep breath trying to calm my inner turmoil, I don't like him, I don't like him, I don't like him... This is just a means to an end, I can do this, when its all over I get the job.

He is so entranced in reading the papers in front of him that I think he must have forgotten I was here so I cleared my throat and say "Mr Turner?" He seemed startled and looked up confused, his eyebrows and nose were all scrunched up and he looked absolutely adorable. Once he realized it was me he gave me a dazzling smile and sat back lazily in his chair,putting his hands behind his head. "Ah, Lemondrop, so glad you could make it" I cringe at the nickname and give him a tight lipped smile, he chuckles and the baritone sends a shiver down my spine and he must have noticed because he smirked knowingly.

As I start blushing, he takes the chance to openly check me out. His eyes rake up my body from my legs to my face and I swear his eyes linger on my gazongas and thighs. I silently curse myself for wearing this skirt, I knew it was too short! I clear my throat and send him a quick glare "Mr Turner" I say sternly "I'm here to get your diary, your schedule and to find out what you want me to do first."

His stormy blue eyes seemed to darken a fraction before he responded "Alright Sophia, my diary and schedule are with Norma, the receptionist out front, she will show you to your office and tell you how I like things done and how it should be done. After Norma has shown you the ropes I need you to go downstairs and find Kathleen Pearson, she would be the Field Sales Manager and tell her to meet me in my office at 10am for a debriefing on all sales for the new year so far."

After writing down my notes I take my bag and walk out of his office. Ugh, now I have to face Norma who for some reason dislikes me. As I near her desk she glares at me and I have to remind myself to be professional, so I calmly go up to her desk and smile politely. "What do you want?" She sneers and I have to bite my lip to refrain from swearing like a sailor. "I'm here to get Mr Turner's diary and schedule and I also need you to direct me to my office please..." I say with as much politeness as I can muster for her in that moment.

She huffs ,grabs the diary and schedule on her desk and walks to the door that's located right in the middle of the waiting room. Huh, strange, I did not notice it before. There are two rows of 5 chairs on either side of my office. "This is your office, its a mess and good luck reorganizing all the paper work and filing" she smirks, roughly hands the diary to me and walks off. What a fucking bitch. I walk into the small office and I'm shocked at the mess, there are papers everywhere, I mean why buy filing cabinets and not do any filing? I sigh, its going to be a long day and I remember I'm supposed to look for the Field Sales Manager and let her know about the debriefing at 10.

Thank You for reading on and I'm sorry for the chapter - I'm not really happy with it.

Have a great day further and enjoy reading and wattpading ♡♥♡