Back on my own

We got my brothers hotel room it was nice to be in a warm room for once he took the bandage of my cut "Ouch that looks like it hurts" he said "No it tickles actually" I sarcastically replied he washed it with some cleaning solution stuff and then put a sling on my shoulder to stop it from moving much. "I'll give you credit Lucas you've lasted 4 days and you even managed to get through an airport by yourself without getting caught" my brother said "What can I say I learned from a natural" I said and laughed "Hey that was one time I ran away" he replied "You were gone for 2 months" I replied "You went all the way from New York to Vancouver that's impressive" I added. We sat and talked for a while when there was a knock at the door "I'm sorry Lucas I couldn't let you leave" he said and went to open the door, stood was a bunch of police officers, I panicked and grabbed my bag and slung it out the window "LUCAS NO!" My brother screeched but it was too late I plunged 4 floors down but landed on some dirty mattress at the bottom and was fine "THATS THE LAST TIME I EVER TRUST YOU!" I screeched to my brother who stared shocked out the window.

I managed to get away I was kinda running low on money so I "borrowed" but will never return $300 from my brothers wallet it's the least he owes me. I slept rough outside a fast food restaurant I bought 3 blankets so I wouldn't freeze to death, it's only a matter of days before I get caught, well I could try at least to flee else where... I'm smart kinda I can bypass the system Lucas is my nickname my real name is "Lucasania Samuel Jones" my parents gave me that hideous name after my dads father who was Polish, my grandad died when I was 10 it hit me hard cause he was one of my closest relatives... Instead of an airport with high security I'll try a bus station.

I cautiously approached 'Minnesota county bus station' I headed to a ticket booking machine... Hmm where should I head now? I need to be quick cause the place was swarming with police officers I presume they are after me after a while of debating I chose I'll go to the state over which is either Wisconsin or Iowa.... Oh the decisions. I'll go to Iowa. I quickly booked my ticket "Bus 0983 to Iowa is departing now" the voice said over the tannoy I saw a family over in the distance and pretended to blend in with them and it surprisingly worked when the coast was clear I sprinted to the bus and handed my ticket to the driver he looked at me up and down crap he knows who I am "Grab a seat" he said after hesitation I sighed with relief and got a seat at the back. The bus wasn't packed thankfully but someone had to sit next to me, I disguised myself with my hoody and looked as the person next to me was reading a news paper
"He does it again missing teen avoids capture but plunges 4 floors of building, but more importantly where is he now?"
I brushed it off and slept the bus journey was a long 10 hours. I woke up 4 hours in and looked at my clock "7 am". The bus was driving when I heard the loud noises of sirens and helicopters in the distance "The hell is going on?" The bus driver screeched and turned on the TV in the bus for news
Breaking news: Lucas Jones believed to be on bus heading to Iowa, Police are now believed to be chasing the bus.
The bus pulled over I was scared, I looked around for a escape route and saw one a small exit hatch next to my seat I slowly opened the latch and the door opened outside "What are you doing!" The man sat next to me screeched "If anyone asks I wasn't here!" I whispered and squeezed through the small hole and out into the air.

I slowly walked around the bus avoiding the police and the helicopter when the coast was clear I ran as fast as I could into the woods behind me I turned and heard someone shout "FOR GOODNESS SAKE HOW COULD HE GET AWAY AGAIN!" A man screamed and punched the side of the bus, I smirked before continuing running on the plus side I'm in Iowa but everyone still knows where I am.... Although I'm in Iowa I'm still 6 hours away from civilisation it was just dirt and woods well at least I thought.....