LAYOUT: The Setting Spread

A 16 card layout to help define the details of important story settings. These positions can be adapted for any locale, whether it's a single room or an entire universe. 

1: Mood/Atmosphere: The overall mood the setting portrays

1: Mood/Atmosphere: The overall mood the setting portrays. A guiding element for descriptions and imagery.

2: Climate: Warm, cold, rainy, or temperate? The suit, number, imagery, and astrological element can help determine it. Otherwise, just go with your gut feeling on this one.

3: Natural Geography: Attributes of the landscape. Forest, desert, seaside, mountain, important landmarks, etc.

4: Man-made Geography: Attributes of buildings, monuments, roads, bridges, etc. 

5: History: Any relevant or momentous events in the setting's past which have shaped its present.

6: Important Events: Festivals, holidays, conferences, dedications, any local event of significance to plot and character.

7: Political Environment: What sort of government rules in this location, or what is the overall authority in charge. Can also be which character/s are in control, if any.

8: Social/Cultural Environment: Attributes of the population. Are they liberated, downtrodden, festive, prejudiced, family-centered, etc.?

9: Sights: The primary visual elements of the setting.

10: Sounds: The nature of things you'd hear.

11: Smells: What sort of odors waft about the area?

12: Tastes: More abstract, but can also give ideas for local cuisine.

13: Touch: Things which your character might notice when they lay hands on things around them.

14: Unique Attributes/Quirks: The surprising and different characteristics of the setting. What makes it stand out? Great for creating unique descriptions.

15: Role In The Story: What is this location's important role in the story? Can also allude to important plot points which will take place.

16: Protagonist's Relationship To The Locale: What is the main character's attitude toward this locale? How has it affected them in the past and present, and what might it become in their future?