1: New Jersey is for pizza, not lovers

It was a warm night, city air warm and dry. Gerard walked down the busy road to his apartment. It was late now and the sun was setting in the summer sky. Gerard huffed as he dug in his pockets and reached for his keys. The city was crowded with people on every corner, drinking, fucking, having fun. He'd never felt more lonely.
Walking into the apartment he felt a rush of chilly air but then just sticky heat. He always did hate summer, actually he hated all seasons. There was not many things Gerard liked. He hated almost everything. Gerard was probably the most bitter 27 year old in all of Jersey.

Gerard sat his grocery bags on the table and slowly put things away muttering to himself. He gathered bread and a few condiments and made himself a sandwich. He climbed the stairs to the basement (his room) and ate quietly. when he was done he kicked off his pants and took out his sketch book; the only thing that seemed to bring him any kind of joy.

He sketched for hours until his last pencil broke "fucking hell" he cursed and climbed out of bed to search for another pencil. He looked in draws, under dressers, on high shelves but couldn't even find a pen. Finally he went in the old closet and stood on his tippy toes. A box came crashing down on him and fell on his foot. He swore and began picking up the fallen contents when something caught his eye. It was an old box full of pictures, pictures of him. Gerard hadn't even thought about Frank in years. He hesitantly looked at the picture he was holding. It was an old Polaroid picture of him and Frank. They were wearing costumes. Gerard a priest, Frank a vampire. Gerard remembered that day, it felt like centuries had passed since then.

It was Halloween night. Frank and Gerard with fingers intertwined walked to the front door of Ray's house. Loud music was heard from down the block. They laughed and went inside. A very drunk Ray stumbled out "heeeeeeeey guuuuuys. Nice coshtumez" Ray started laughing and a topless girl slung an arm around him "I'm about to get laid" He half whispered to them. "Fro power!" Ray shrieked and took another sip of his beer before pulling the girl into a room. Gerard and Frank laughed and walked down the hall. There were strobe lights and florescent paint splatters everywhere. In the living room there was loud music and people dancing in the darkness. Music blared so loud it was hard to hear your own voice. Frank led Gerard to the dance floor where they dance together close, all smiles and loving gazes. Frank leaned in and kissed Gerard sweetly. They couldn't wipe the dorky smiles off each others faces.

Gerard was brought back to reality when hot tears rolled down his face. He was happy then, he had loved Frank more than the moon loved the sun. Things change. People grow. Gerard knew this now. He was all grown up. He wasn't young and foolish like he once had been. They grew apart, that love died out. Suddenly he didn't feel sad, he felt angry. Gerard threw the box against the wall and let the pictures fly everywhere. "Screw you!" He screamed out loud. "you left me you asshole! I will never forgive you!" he yelled so loud he heard his own voice tremble. Angry hot tears dripped down his face and onto the floor. He cried hard and fell asleep sobbing on the cold floor. Gerard had grow angry and spiteful over the years. He certainly was not the same person he used to be, and he blamed the cunning, mysterious, Frank Iero.