Chapter 4

They stared at each other, glaring in fact. They knew it was time. Their arms raised, ready for it. A woman was screaming in the faint shadows, calling for them. Their eyes locked. They knew they had to do it, but why? They raised their arms and...

"Happy Birthday!" Clara and Ashildr woke Hazel up, walking in with a little cupcake with a candle. Hazel grinned, sitting up and stretching. She couldn't believe it was actually, finally her birthday!

The little flame danced above the candle wax, lighting up the darkness of the room. Hazel smiled, pushing her hair back and blowing the candle out.

Clara smiled, carefully taking the candle out of the cupcake and popping it into the bin by the side of the bed. "You stay up here for a bit,"Clara said "eat your cupcake and have half an hour to wake up properly. Then get ready and we'll go!" They all exchanged grins of excitement and enthusiasm, before Clara got up and made her way out the door with Ashildr.

Hazel tied her hair back into a quick pony tail before tucking into her glorious chocolate chip cupcake.

Half an hour had passed and Hazel was now ready to go out. She was wearing her black leggings, her white T shirt with a big black smiley face, and her red checked blouse tied around her waist. She also had her lace up black and white converse on and her hair up in a bun with a checked bandana matching her blouse.

She ran as fast as she could towards the TARDIS console room, running down halls and halls before she arrived there. Clara was perched on a chair, reading, and Ashildr was standing by the console.

Clara jumped up and placed a bookmark in her book and ran to greet Hazel. Hazel was grinning madly now, ready for their adventures. "So, where to first?"

Hazel thought for a moment, then decided. "You choose. That way it will be surprised. I like surprises." She announced, grinning to herself.

Clara bit her lip and grinned. She started racing around the TARDIS with Ashildr, pressing random buttons as she went. Their fingers seemed to glide so delicately over each button, like a swan to a lake.

Hazel held onto the safety bar, trying her very best not to fall over. It was actually quite difficult. They were being pelted across time and space, faster than you could ever imagine. It's not so easy to stand up.

The TARDIS came to a halt. Hazel looked over at Clara who nodded towards the door. Hazel grinned and spun around.

She opened the doors to reveal a huge, yet magnificent planet. The sky was a pale blue, which was dazzling to the human eye. The grass was green, but smelt so much more luscious than the grass Hazel was used to. It smelt of freshly picked apples. She could taste the juiciness in her mouth now, watering with flavour.

There were glorious buildings, reaching high up into the sky, towering over the citizens below. But who was she kidding? Half of the citizens were in the sky, in flying cars!

Hazel couldn't believe her eyes! She pinched herself to make sure it wasn't a dream. It wasn't.

Clara and Ashildr stepped out from behind her, placing their hands on either of Hazel's shoulder. They looked out at the beautiful sky, obviously remembering an adventure they had together.

"Where are we?" Hazel asked, breaking the silence. Clara looked around, positive memories flooding her brain. "Earth." She spoke, grinning to herself.

Hazel looked very confused. She spun her head around to look at Clara and Ashildr. "This isn't Earth."

Clara looked at her, still bubbling from the amazing place that she had brought Hazel to. "Well, it's New Earth, in New New York. This is billions of years into your future." Clara explained, wanting to make Hazel astonished, but happy.

Hazel gasped. She couldn't believe it! This was Earth? She ran forward, looking up at the beautiful sky. She span around and around, grinning, laughing. This was the best birthday present ever!