The Other Side

Colton POV
************************************
She's still sleeping. Damn this girl sleeps too much. But I kind of like it, the way her chest rises and falls, so peacefully. She is curled into a ball scrunched up in all my blankets. Her hair is a messy tangle around her.

I go over to her, not understanding what I'm doing, and pull her long brown hair out of the way. As I lay it down it curls up into perfect little ringlets.

Her lips...a soft pink, full but not overly full. Her bright eyes open slowly, an entrancing green. I back away once I see the confused look on her face. Embarrassed, I put on a facade again.
"We have stuff that needs to be done. Come with me." I grunt at her and walk out the door, knowing she isn't strong enough to walk all the way down to my study.

I can't help her. It would show weaknesses. I'm an Alpha. I'm the Alpha. I don't feel for anybody. That's not how you hold power as an Alpha. I make my way down to my study, she doesn't know where I'm going but that's not my fault.

I wait and wait. It's been 10 minutes, she should be here by now. I walk out of the double doors and back to my room, which she has taken over. She's sitting on the bed waiting for me.

She bats her eyes," we both know I cannot walk that far, care to help me?" There's a gleam in her eye that tells me I cannot say 'no'. Goddamn can she be any more difficult? I slide my hands around her perfect waist and throw her over my shoulder, "as you wish princess" I say with a smirk.

I really should treat her with more respect. It's not that I hate her, I don't. I'm just an Alpha, and I don't show mercy. After having a mental war with myself I ruggedly throw her down onto the chair in my study. She's pissed, her face says it all," oh how kind of you! My knight in shining armor!" I can almost taste the sarcasm.

As I stand in front of her I start to dial Brooks, she starts "C-Colt", I glare at her and she knows she shouldn't say anything right now. I hear the other end of the phone pick up.

Brooks: Who is this?
Colton: Brooks, say we make a deal.
Brooks: Colton... What do you want?
Colton: An exchange.
Brooks: You don't have anything I want
Colton: Oh but you see I do, I ran into you're mate Emery the other day. She's enjoying her stay in my prison cell right now.
I had to lie, or he wouldn't feel threatened.
Brooks: Okay I have a whole line of woman dying to be my mate
This son of a bitch, he could have her and he doesn't want her! If only I was her true mate. She heard what Brooks said, her face turned furious.
Colton: I guess she's of no use to me then
I grab her ass making her gasp, and I nod towards the phone, she knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Emery: Colton! What are you doing? Stop please, I'm sure Brooks will give you what you want. Please d-"
She's cut off my the ignorant boy on the other end of the line. I wink at her for playing along.
Brooks: COLTON! What is it that you want?! Colton!
Colton: I want to be the only Alpha in this area, I want that land you've 'claimed'
Brooks: Hell no.
I look at Emery, and she starts
Emery: Ow Colton stop please, I love Brooks, he will do it!
I turn my ear back to the phone and I hear a dead line.

I decide to give up for the day, bringing Emery to the kitchen for food and we ended up in my room eating ice cream and playing monopoly before she fell asleep.

I can't stop thinking about her.

Something about me is different when I'm with her.

She has a mate already.

She isn't my soul mate.

Before I drift off to sleep I whisper to myself, "she isn't my soul mate...she isn't my soul mate". Over and over again. Until I turn over and see her peacefully asleep, I repeat it over and over to myself, trying to convince myself. "She is not my soul mate"

"She is not my soul mate"

"She is my soul mate"