Six - Frantic Part 2

Zayn's P.O.V.

It was only a matter of time before all the lights went out... And of course they did. Meaning it was dark, meaning I was freaking out... on the inside.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Camille was panicking. She screamed, then repeated that sentence over and over again. Liam and Harry rushed down the stairs.

"What happened!?" Liam asked.

"Camille is freaking out." Niall said as though it was no big deal, which it really wasn't.

"What's wrong with you?" Harry questioned. No one could see due to the darkness, so for a second we all just sat there, gaining our vision. Of course, not me... I have night vision. No, I don't.

"S-something touched my arm..." She said, panic fairly heard in her voice.

"Maybe someone accidently touched your arm?" Liam said.

"No, Uh-uh. It wasn't someone. It felt slimey, it wasn't human skin." Camille said, looking around at all the confused faces.

"So what you're trying to say... is that something, unhuman, is here?" Harry asked, confused.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Glad you understand." She said.

"I don't understand. Camille, nothing's here with us. Well, except for fifteen people." Harry told her.

"Is everyone here, and is everyone okay?" Liam asked. Everyone answered with 'yes' and I sat on the couch. Stupid light. Why does it have to be so dark? I thought to myself. Like I said, I wasn't freaking out on the outside, but on the inside I was petrified.

Coughing made me turn my attention to the kitchen. Who's in there? I thought. I stood up and just as I did, Joe came stumbling into the living room. I backed up because she almost bumped right into me. "You okay?" I asked, helping her sit on the couch.

"I feel sick." She said. That's when I dropped her... Nope, I'm kidding.

"What do you feel like exactly?" Camille asked, her voice shaky at the fact her sister feels sick.

"I have a raging headache, I'm freezing, I feel like I'm going to puke, and I'm dizzy and quite lightheaded." She said, her eyes on the floor. She looked as though she was sleepy.

"Are you tired?" I asked her.

"No." She said. I gulped. What kind of sickness does she have? I asked myself, silently.

"Maybe you should lay down. You know, relax." Louis suggested. Joe nodded, laying on the couch. She closed her eyes, and put her hand on her forehead.

"You're shaking." Eleanor pointed out.

"I'm f-freezing." Joe stammered back. Harry removed her hand from her forehead, and felt it with the back of his hand.

"She's got a temperature." Harry stated, moving a few spaces back.

"James, did your parents stock any medicine, she needs Tylenol?" Liam asked. James thought for a second.

"Not that I know of. They said they'd pack food and toothpaste, stuff like that. They didn't say anything about medicine." James said.

"Great. Well, there's only one way we can try to help." Liam said. "Joe, you can't get under any covers, that will only raise your temperature."

"Okay." Joe replied. I sat down on one of the armchairs, thinking of the worst case scenarios. Serious coughing was heard. I flinched, not being prepared for a cough. I was already shaken up as it was. I stood up and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey." Dean greeted me, a bowl of rice in his hands.

"Are you eating cold rice?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yup." He said, shrugging.

"How can you eat that cold?" I gave him a baffled look.

"It's not hard, just ignore how hard it actually is." He said.

"I don't understand how you can eat cold, hard rice." I shook my head. He laughed and I walked over to the table. I sat down and just looked into space, not really looking at anything. My mind was set on what kind of sickness Joe could possibly have. She didn't look good, a flu or cold wouldn't make you look that bad. She had dark circles around her eyes, she was sweating, and she was overly pale. A flu/cold? I didn't think so.

I was just sitting there, thinking, pondering.. Overthink literally. All of a sudden, a scream was heard and the rest of the night was..... frantic.