11 - Lover Is Synonymous With Murder

I wouldn't call myself an addict, but that's exactly what the darkness has turned me into.

And I wouldn't say I was crazy, but when slitting someone's throat gives you more excitement than receiving a present on Christmas morning, you just might be a little looney.

Just a little...

-N

***

The ugly chirp of 'early worm' birds floated through the open window, warm breezes catching in the curtains. The world was new, yet stale as another day in this round-about we call Life circled, waking all.

It was morning time, I would presume.

Muscles ached with a stony tightness as I attempted to push myself up from the strangely lumpy bed, only to find that I hadn't been napping on a bed at all; Nadia clung onto my front, her body between me and the bloodied mattress. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my back, her legs around my hips - much like a sloth hanging from a tree branch. How she managed to sleep with my body weight pressing down on her, I had no clue. But she seemed peaceful enough, her face in profile as her dark hair lay sprawled around the white pillow with red speckles like a black web. Her pink lips were slightly parted in unconscious awe, her breathing steady.

My gaze surveyed her, dark purple blotches staining the tan skin on her neck like carefully calculated paint blotches, and her pronounced collar bones had the mild illusion of scratches. She smelled of dried sweat and bloody iron.

I sighed, relaxing a bit as my nose nuzzled into the crook of her neck with my right hand lightly petting her tangled locks, and she flinched a little in her sleep, eyes opening.

"Your nose is cold."

"Mm," I tiredly acknowledged, noting that her voice was a raspy whisper, drenched with fatigue.

How long had we been asleep for? I had no estimate, and I was too tired to try and even begin to calculate. It was morning, and that was all that truly mattered.

Nadia sighed, shutting her eyes again as her hands and fingers began to lightly rub my back as if to soothe me, and I could hear the slight smile in her voice as she chuckled, "Last night was fun."

"Don't remind me," I groaned, feeling her turn her head so that her chin touched my unruly hair.

She was beginning to wake up just a bit, "I can't believe we actually did that."

I only hummed in an agreeing response.

"And you were so into it..."

"Shut up." I ordered, my cheeks waking up to a dull blush.

But Nadia only giggled, still reminiscing, "I mean after the third time, I could barely move. But you, my friend, have some wicked stamina."

I slightly cringed, twisting a lock of her hair lightly in between my fingers, "I am not your friend - so do not address me as such."

"What should I call you then?" She questioned, creating circles on my back, "My partner in crime? My mortal enemy? My fuck-buddy? Hey, I kind of like that one."