Chapter Four: What?

Okay, I have to admit, I was too addicted to my best friend, but I assure you it was on the most naive way. I got used to waking up and see a good morning message from Connor, and next, keep talking until I fall asleep again. He was the one who knew everything about me, who always made me laugh, who was protective and possessive, the one I used to run to tell everything...
He began to be my favorite person in the world.  I knew he would never do something to hurt me, and, as we kept saying, he would be the one I would choose to be my future husband.
Sometimes, I used to ask myself if I was in love with him, but I wasn't because I didn't feel like kissing him, or being his girlfriend or anything like that. I just wanted he to be always there for me, I couldn't stand the idea of losing him, it was a pretty strong feeling, a different kind of love.
I would never think that the guy who I never really talked much, who used to hit on me plenty times would become my best friend, the one I really cared about.
As the days passed by, we were only getting closer. But, our friendship couldn't be so explicit. We couldn't talk much in school, we couldn't hang out, we couldn't go to each other's place... because of Lauren. She was extremely jealous, especially when it was about me and Connor. And they weren't officially dating yet.
So, as not to piss Lauren off, we maintained our communication by cellphone and "hanged out" by going to the gym and going home together after school. We also went to all the basketball games in town, we share this passion, we love basketball.
Everything was pretty normal.
I was on a ordinary night, eating something and watching tv. Connor went to the movies with Lauren. My mom was talking to me about the movie. But...

New message from Connor Salt

Connor Salt: BFF! ARE U THERE?
Amy Stone: HERE I AM
Connor Salt: hahaaha I've got news
Amy Stone: tell me
Connor Salt: now, Lauren is my girlfriend! We're officially dating.