Chapter 5: Warning

Chapter 5: Warning

Kenny [In the MM]

I could keep my eyes off of Aaliyah since I spoke to her. Damn I guess it's true people get better with time and look better. Don't get me wrong Aaliyah has always been a pretty girl but damn she grew up to be a gorgeous woman. I took a sip of my drink before Ricky came back next to me. "What's up with you?" I asked. "Just saw Melina" he said before chuckling. "Please tell me you ain't go over there harassing that woman" I sighed.

"I'm making clear what's mine besides I had her right where I wanted before that little brat of hers showed up" he shook his head. Ricky has always had this weird obsession with Melina, though they were forced to date in high school until Melina met Jason. Then she realized somethings and wanted nothing to do with Ricky's crazy ass. "You talking bout her kid man?"

"Yeah that little hybrid looking nigga" I scoffed at his words. "Man he just a kid your beef with his dad has nothing to do with him" I stated truthfully.

"He has his blood running through his veins so he just as guilty" I shook my head before he continued. "I saw you talking to Aaliyah earlier what you see in that bitch any way?" I clenched my jaw.

"Don't call her that and yeah I did talk to her so what"

"Just calling it like I see it"

Aaliyah and I dated back in the day and she still is beautiful as ever. I fucked up though I wasn't willing to commit to her, so we broke up and that was the dumbest decision I've ever made. I know she's married now and has a beautiful daughter, but I just wish that her and I could've stayed together if I was more mature. "You wouldn't understand Aaliyah is a woman of quality something I didn't understand when I was with her" I said looking at her from a distance as she held her baby in her arms laughing. I also looked at that dress she got on and it hugged those curves of hers perfectly. Damn I should've held on to her, her man is one lucky nigga "Oh well ain't she married though"

"Yeah she is so is Melina your point is nigga"

"Calm down and the difference between you and I is that I don't give a fuck" he said chuckling. "Leave Mel alone man she's moved I with her life you should to or else" I threatened.

"Or what?"

He said before walking off. I mugged him as he walked away and I walked in Teri's direction to go talk to her. "Hey Teri what's up"

She put her glass down and gave me a hug "Hey Kenny how are you?" She said before letting her go.

"I'm good it's been so long what you up to now?" I said smiling. "Yeah it has I'm a lawyer you look good you still producing?" she said smiling back.

"Nah it's more of a hobby now but I see you wait ain't you defending that football player?" She nodded.

"Yup he's my client"

"Damn so did he do it or?"

"I can't tell you that because I'm going to court tomorrow so"

"Ah damn I really wanna know cause the media ain't shit"

"You ain't lying"

"Yeah man I haven't seen you since uh" I hesitated on what I was about to say. "Mannys funeral" she finished my sentence.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"It's okay yeah I never realized its been seven years since I've seen you" I nodded.

"Yeah come sit with me" she guiding me to the table. "Aight"

I walked back with her and saw Melina holding her little boy in her arms talking to Aaliyah. "Melly Mel" I said making her smile