Somewhere New Chapter Two

Luke POV

D27. D27... Found it! I better get comfortable because this is going to be one heck of a long ride. As I start to unwrap my blanket and put away my guitar, I see this pretty cute girl to my left. At least she'll maybe keep me some company. I look over at her to try to catch a good view of what she looks like.

Oh my. Our eyes just met. No! My first impression sucks already! What do I do?

"Hey," I said, trying to act cool, "I'm Luke."

"I'm Sky." she replied.

I couldn't help myself but laugh a little. "Lovely to meet you babe," I quickly answered. 

"Little Luke here is our socially awkward penguin." Calum mentioned.

I could feel my face burning up and slowly turning into a light shade of red. I gave Calum a vicious look without letting Sky see.

"Haha, well, it's lovely to meet you too, Mr. socially awkward penguin." said Sky.

The sound of her sweet and gentle little American voice just blew me away already. I kept getting lost in her green eyes and I had to stop myself from doing that so often. But it's just so hard. 

"So, what is a lovely little American girl like you doing on a plane to London all by yourself?" I questioned, hoping not to seem too forward. 

She seemed a little taken back.

"Well, I'm taking a year off of school and traveling around the city in hopes of meeting new people." her voice makes me melt inside. 

"So you're 18? That makes two of us! Well, you seem to have made a new friend already!" I stated, "And these are my best mates, Michael, Calum, and Ashton."

"Nice to meet you boys!" Sky answered. 

And just like that, with those few words we have exchanged, I could tell this was going to be a good plane ride. That never happens!

--------

Skylar POV

I'm left speechless. These four adorable boys talking to me on the plane. It's a weird, yet amazing feeling. Maybe some people with cameras are about to pop out at me and tell me I've been Punk'd. I never was one of those girls that had guys drooling all over her. But I'm still curious about the guitars. Maybe I'll ask.

"Hey guys, what's up with all these guitars?" I mentioned.

Luke smiled at the boys and the boys all smirked back. He gave them a hand gesture as to say that he would answer the question.

"Thats also a great question. Me and the boys play music for people. No biggie. Oh, and Ashton plays the drums but that would be a tad diffiult to bring on the plane!"

I laughed. By that point, I was extremely interested in them. I also had played the guitar as a little girl but I won't mention that. 

"That's amazing!" I cheered. "I would love to hear some sometime."

--------

Luke POV

"That's amazing!" she cheered. "I would love to hear some sometime."

This is my chance. I'll give her my number. 

"We would love to play something for you sometime too. Here's my number." I responded as I slipped a piece of paper with my number on it. 

I could hear the boys faintly chuckling and I'm sure that Sky heard them also. I kicked their seats a little to shut them up. And then a thought came to my head. She doesn't actually know who we are. She has no clue that we headline shows around the world. Sky is in for a huge surprise.

-------

Sorry about this slow chapter! I'm getting things started.

Keep reading and commenting and voting please!

xxxx