Somewhere New Chapter One

Skylar POV

Weston, Florida may just be eligible to win the award for "most boring place in the world." It's not like I hate it, it's just... boring. 

Which is why I'm glad I'm moving. 

My name is Skylar Marks, Sky, for short. I'm 18, and I need to get away from the place I've been calling home since day one.

My alarm clock awoke me, the birds happily chirping outside, and the sun shining bright through my almost transparent windows. Today was the day I would leave my house. For a long time. Probably Forever.

But I'm not going to college. I'm taking the year off, all to myself. A gap year. I'll be moving to London to travel around the city and explore all the new opportunities. 

Or so I think.

--------

Skylar POV

By 5PM, I was at Fort Lauderdale airport and absolutely ready to take off.

As my parents drown themselves in a pool of their tears, I hug them both tightly and I recieve even tighter hugs back. 

"Mom, dad, I'll be okay, I'll make sure to call you guys a lot. Don't worry." I whispered to them.

"Just take care, please. And don't kiss too many boys!" my mom answered back. 

I quietly laughed under my breath and picked up my carry-on bag. While heading on to the plane, I left my parents behind, noticing their sad faces and sensing desperation. 

Focus, Sky. You're about to embark on a new journey full of surprises. 

I take my first step on the plane, take a deep breath, and continue walking until I find my seat, D26. I started to pull out my blanket as this was going to be a nine hour flight. That's the longest I've ever been on! 

And out of nowhere, I see these guys. These cute guys. Two of them happen to sit next to me, and two others in the row infront. Three of them were carrying guitars, which was pretty odd to me. The blonde one sat next to me. I hope he didn't catch me staring at his luscious eyes. 

Sky! Snap out of it! Boys already?

As these four boys take their seats, I cautiously lean forward and try to catch a glimpse at what the little pin said on the blonde one's guitar. All I got to see was "5 Seconds."

Oh shoot! 

He caught me looking at him! What do I do? Do I wave? Do I say hi? Do I ignore him? But he's so cute!

"Hey," he calmly said, "I'm Luke."

"S-s-sky. I'm Sky," I stuttered. 

Oh no. I already started off the wrong foot. I made a complete fool out of myself!

Luke chuckled. "Lovely to meet you babe," he replied.

Oh my gosh. A cute boy, AND an accent? I must be dreaming. But I need to stop. This is nothing more than a boy sitting next to on a plane ride. A very long plane ride.

--------

Heyooooo

So this is my first chapter, started out slow but things will speed up, I promise!

Comment, vote, all that. 

Thank you guys ily xxx