Chapter 9

FEAR'S POV

I pumped my fist up and raised my hand to high-five Bing-Bong, but he wasn't around. I hurried to the edge and peered down to find him still down there. He was cheering as he faze away. I sighed as he disappeared forever. "Thanks," I said. "for everything."

Then, I turned towards Joy, who laid still. I skidded across the ground as I lifted her upper body from the ground. "Hey, Joy." I lightly shook her. Her eyes remained close.

"Joy? Come on, Joy." I leaned in and gently placed my lips on hers. Releasing, she stirred and her eyes fluttered open. I sighed in relief and lifted her closer to me to hug her. "I thought you were gone. I thought I lost you." Joy relaxed in my arms. "Thank you, Fear." she whispered in my ear, and we released the hug.

"Come on," I stood up and held out my hand. "Let's get back to Headquarters." She smiled and grasped my hand. Together, we hurried to find a way back.

"Have any ideas?" I asked out loud as we ran. Joy pointed. "There! The memory shoot!" Hand in hand, we sprinted to the shoot, which lead straight up to Headquarters. We opened it and Joy hopped in first and offered me her hand. "Hang on!" she smiled. Clinging to the bag, Joy grasped my hand and we sailed over through the long tube.

JOY'S POV

CRASH!!!

Fear and I bumped heads as we tumbled out of the tube and back into Headquarters. Opening my eyes, I found Disgust, Anger, and Sadness all looking down on us. All their eyes are wide.

"You're back?!" they cried, and helped both Fear and I to our feet. I gripped the bag as soon as I realized what was happening to Riley. She was running away! I tightened my grip on the bag and, turning to Sadness, I handed it to her. "You know what to do."

Sadness nodded slowly and walked towards the console. She turned the joyful core memories blue and switched them into sad memories. Then, she placed her hand over the bad Idea bulb and powered it off. Riley raced home.

After an emotional sweet/sad moment with Mom and Dad, we realized that a memory doesn't always have to be one emotion! It can be combined in many combinations! We even upgraded the console and created more core memories that supplied more islands, adding on to Riley's amazing personality!

It was amazing and happy.