The Crash

Worry begins to fill me as I wait for a message from him. Normally I wouldn't be nervous but, for some reason this is different. I need back up I think to myself. I hope Camden is still up. I send her a quick message on Kik. Seconds later she responds.

Cam Cam: hey, yeah I'm up. What's up?

Me: well I met a dude. Please don't freak out on me.

Cam Cam: Oooooo who is it!?

Me: Camden chill out. And I don't know yet.

I laugh to myself at Camden's child like excitement, as I wait for her to respond. I check the time. It's been 10 minutes since he said he would message me. This annoys me. The one time that I am actually curious about one of these cyber dudes it takes for damn ever for a stupid little message. Finally Camden responds. We talk for another good 15 minutes before I get a notification. (NEW CONVERSATION FROM MASTERMIND)

Me: OMG CAMDEN HE MESSEGED ME!!!!!!

Cam cam: Oooooo girl get it lol ;)

Me: Omfg seriously Camden? Who the fuck do you think I am?

Cam Cam: Chill out Bell in was kidding

Me: Yeah sure you were.

Cam Cam: now stop talking to me and go talk to cyber dude. I am going to bed ill text you in the morning. Night Bell.

Me: Gee thanks for the help Cam. Lol talk to you in the morning. Night.

Okay that's done. I open the message. Now what do I do? This is ridiculous my god Isabelle pull it together.

Mastermind: hey sorry I took so long.

Me: hey, it's chill

Mastermind: I'm Jeffery by the way

Me: Nice too meet you Jeffery, I'm Isabelle but you can call me Bell

Mastermind: nice to meet you too.

Well this is going well so far.

Me: So what are you doing?

Mastermind: would you believe me if I said I was in the hospital?

Me: A yeah, I mean I guess.

Mastermind: well I am. And it sucks and im lonely

Aww poor guy. I wonder what happened. His feed said something about police lights and broken glass. And now that I think about it he also mentioned blood and that he didn't know where his family was. Is his family alive? Are they okay? Is this all a lie to make me feel sorry for him? No it can't be who would lie about that kind of thing. This has to be real.

Me: I'm so sorry to hear that. May I ask why you are in the hospital I understand if you don't want to tell me.

Mastermind: No It's fine. I was in a car crash a few months ago. I have been in a coma for two months I just woke up today. They told me that my name is Jeffery. My parents are dead. And there hasn't been any family that have come to see me.

Holy shit. Holy shit. That is so horrible. I definitely hope he doesn't think the accident was his fault. If he does that would only lead to major depression. This isn't good at all. Wait I wonder if he has any friends that would come see him. but gosh i feel so bad. This is definitely real. How could it not be?

Me: Jeffery I want you to know that the crash wasn't your fault. If you're thinking that then don't. I know it may seem like it is your fault but it's not. I can promise you that. That is really unfortunate what happened but surly you will have friends that have visited or that will everything will be okay.

Mastermind: it's hard to not think it isn't my fault. I should be dead not them. Either that or I be dead with them. And no noone has come or will come

Me: jeff, may I call you that? Don't say those things please. Don't think like that. I bet in time someone will come visit.

Mastermind: no, no one cares. Not even the doctors I'm just another patient to them.

Me: that can't be true. They do care if they didn't then they wouldn't want to help. I know I just met you but I vow to be here if you ever need me. No one deserves to go through what you did and not have a friend to back them up or support them.

Mastermind: you really promise that even though you don't know me? And why are you still up?

Me: Admittedly because of nightmares. I tried to sleep but nightmares returned like usual so my friend talked me into making an account on that site we met on. Why are you up?

I still can't believe that this happened to him. This is truly horrible I wish I could take his pain away. Not in the I want to take his pain away because I love him way but as in that must suck royal and isn't fair kind of way. Part of me a very small part doesn't believe him but it just seems too real and too real to lie about. Every second I believe him more and more.

Tick tock tick tock.

Still nothing. Its been a half an hour and he hasn't responded. He probably fell asleep. Checking my little clock on my desk I see that its well past 2 in the morning. I am exhausted. Just as I am about to shut down for the night he responds.

"well fuck" i mumble. Looks like an all nightmare it is. I open the message and the conversation continues.

Mastermind: sorry the nurse just came in to give me medication to help me sleep. Just to let you know I might fall asleep on you.

Mastermind: I'm up because I am having nightmares too. I can't sleep. When I do I end up waking up in cold sweat.

Me: I'm sorry to hear that. And its fine if you fall asleep I don't mind.

Mastermind: so where do you live? If you don't mind me asking I'm just trying to figure out what time it is where you live.

Me: I live in Florida Miami and it is two in the morning here. How about yourself.

Mastermind: I live in Seattle Washington. So your three hours ahead then.

Me: that I am.

Well it's been 45 minutes so he must be asleep. Yawning I look at see that it is 3 in the morning. I know for sure that I believe him now. I fall asleep with the thoughts of whom I just met.