6 | Deal or No Deal

Wes pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. There was a calm eerie silence that sat in everyone's lap. No one was sure what the next move was, no one. Wes was conflicted his morals, Jaden was still trying her best not feel broken, Kay sat staring out wondering what her life was, and Michael sat watching Wes. Wondering what was going on in his head, he wondered how he could calm Wes down from his constant running thoughts.

Wes turned to Michael who was sitting in the passenger seat "let's go" he sighed patting Michael's thigh.

"Yeah, let's go" Michael held his hand for a few seconds trying his best to encourage him without saying a word.

They opened the doors and stepped out. Wes walked to the front desk as Michael and Kay helped Jaden out the car. As they made their way in Wes thanked the man and threw a new set of keys to Jaden. She caught them grunting from the pain her quick reflexes caused.

"What's this?" She asked.

"You and Kay are sharing a room, more space and more beds" Wes said opening his room for him and Michael. They were right across the hall from each other so they all knew for sure nothing bad would happen to them without anyone knowing.

+

Sometime later Kay and Michael were in the opposite room riding lunch for everyone. Jaden waltz into Wes's room. He was sitting on the bed flipping through the channels on the small tv.

"Hey" She greeted him with a softly. "Look, I know this is going to be awkward to talk about concerning you haven't made up your mind" she paused "but I need to know, what are you going to do Wes?" She asked moving a bit closer to him.

Wes thought for a second "I wish I knew, look you know I've wanted to sell the company for a while now"

"Yes I know, but that doesn't mean to Syler" she walked over to him and sat on the bed "look, you and I both know he's not a good man" she said "We also know that his boss is worse than him, whoever that motherfucker is, he could take us down in seconds if they wanted but they talked to us"

"They're blackmailing us"

"You're right" She sighed "

"look, we grew up together, Holly, yourself, and I" Jaden stopped and dropped her head to the ground. "We used to run around that park every day after school, we all fell off bag stupid swing set more times than I could count. She's my sister, I want nothing more than to have her back" Wes sighed. "I lost her ten years ago, I don't want this chance of me seeing her and getting her back to slip through my fingers. Who knows what she could've gone through in those ten years being held by them like that"

She smiled "You're right, we need to get her back, but not like this, not by selling the docks to Syler. We know who has her now, we can scout possible hideouts they have, we have a lot of connections wes, one is bound to lead us to her." Jaden got up and walked out the room, she turned back "I guess you got a lot more on your mind now, huh?" She smiled "Sorry"

Michael walked into the room with a small and perky smile, holding a bag of Chinese food. "Is she okay" He asked. Wes shook his head and sat up. "Are you hungry?" He asked placing the food down on the dresser.

"Not really" Wes said getting up throwing the remote on the bed. "But I'll take one of those fried wings"

Michael smiled and opened the bag handing him the box "Wes" he sighed.

"Yeah?" He took a bite.

"I need to know everything" he said "I'm in trouble too, I don't know why but I am. I'll feel safer if I knew what or who we're dealing with" He kept blabbing on and on "I think it's fair for Kay and I to know since we're just kinda thrown into your world and we keep getting close to dying, we haven't felt with anything like this. The closest I came to dying was being stuffed into a locker for an hour, but that's about it—"