Chapter 18

Joe's POV 

Time stood still. The way it did before. 

I couldn't see anybody around us but at the same time I could feel all eyes on me. I had no idea what to do, and a few steps away from me stood my wife waiting. Our eyes meet but only briefly... I couldn't find myself to look at her, just like inside the theatre I stood frozen. There was still tears in her eyes for some reason when I looked up again; we were acting like two strangers.

"Joe" she whispered 

Nothing. I couldn't speak.

"I just want to talk... just give me the chance to talk to you"

"Then talk"

"Not here" 

"Here is fine!" I yell

"Shh. The concert ended and-"

I turn around and see that she was right; people were exiting the arena and making there way into the parking lot. Right when I thought everyone had left I see Carolina cautiously walk up to us.

"Guys... um we should get going. The van is waiting."

"Okay"

I walk back to the van not wanting to be around Genesis another second. I could hear sobs the whole way there, so I began to walk faster until I couldnt hear anything anymore. Things were tense (like always) back at the van with Valerie and Zach avoiding each other to the fullest so I decided to go ahead and take the passenger seat up front. Truth be told I was getting really tired of this trip and the people on it. 

***

The ride back to the hotel couldn't have been more awkward and the whole trip I was hoping the driver had taken his time to get here because I had no idea what I was capable of when it came to talking to Genesis. All this time she was gone did leave me with a lot of time to think but now that I was moments away from actually saying what I've been holding in, I was at a loss for words.

Everyone was back in there rooms and it was maybe one in the morning when I was roaming around the resorts pool area. 

"You're avoiding me" I hear a voice say

Of course I knew the person it came from when I looked up. There stood Gen in an over sized sweater and shorts walking towards me. She was right anyways, from the moment I got here I went straight to my room until now to catch some fresh air.

"Maybe I am" I answer

"Why?"

"You scarred and left me... we never even talked..." I rambled "you forgot about the promises we made"

"I know but...if only you heard me when I told you I was going to come back you"

"Oh I heard you"

"What"

"Back in the hospital, when I was in the coma I could still hear everyone around me; even you leaving. Then I woke up the next day."

"I never thought you'd wake up so early.."

"So you thought you could have your little fling then come back to me still being a vegetable?!"

"I dont know what I was thinking.."

"Right cuz you weren't thinking at all. Just tell me one thing..."

"Anything"

"Did you ever love me?"

"Joe, we're married, of course I love you. I always will"

"Funny way of showing it. I should have know this was going to happen though... I remember the second you laid eyes on that boy band things changed between us"