Gone

Lee: Tell me what happened? (12:03 a.m )

Madison: I can't I'm scared (12:03 a.m )

Lee: Don't be I'm here for u. Tell me what happened now!

Madison: There's this guy who keeps on texting me on facelook saying he know so where I live and that if I tell anyone about him he will kill my mom and dad...Lee you have to keep this a secret pls don't tell anyone.

Lee: are you crazy? We have to tell the police

I rush my hands through my hair not knowing what to do to help her.

Lee: Tomorrow morning we have to have to go to the police!

Madison: NO WE CAN'T! YOU CAN'T TELL NO ONE!

Lee: okay I wont... I'm just saying the police should just investigate this or something

Madison: LEE PLS! DON'T... I have to go... see you in the morning.

I couldn't believe in what type of mess she got into. The following day I see her in the morning smiling with a couple of friends. Her mask. Hiding everything as if nothing ever happened. Her strong suit. I walk up to her saying hey to everyone and hug Madison. I talk to them and I catch her smile disappear for a second until Ellen comes in and asks how's everyone is doing while she was gone.
I didn't really care for Ellen because she's with us and then goes somewhere else. I do care but then I don't.
Well as for Madison she's in a position to the point were I can't be much help. I wonder if the person who's stalker her someone we know?
"I'm glad I have you with me Lee... thank you." She tries to put an effort to her smile, trying not to worry me more than I already am. "I'm sorry that I'm not such of a help. I'll try my best to stop this." I hug her reassuring her that she's not going through this alone,hoping she doesn't burst into tears but that's the first thing she does.
"I want this to stop, Lee..."

Those 5 words:
I want this to stop.
Meant so many things, but the only thing that came up in my head was suicide. I didn't respond and just kept it to myself not to give her any ideas. I hug her tighter.
"soon Maddie, this nightmare will go away soon.. hopefully."
"I hope your right." She said in a whispering voice. She wipes her tears and smiles to me. I love her smile, its beautiful. She puts on her mask right in front of me and I smile back not breaking the wonderful silent moment.
"let's go." I said as we continued walking home.

Lee: would you tell me more info about this person who's stalking u if that's okay to ask.... (5:01 pm)

Madison: I'll send it to you... hold on (5:01 pm)

Madison: here you for, it's a guy his name on his profile is 'hereiambutnowimnot' it's a sentence as his name. There's no picture I've tried.

Lee: I'm glad that you've calmed down even tho this is bad. What if it's not a guy but a girl? I'd (5:03 pm)

Madison: I'm still scared and worried tho. And if it is a girl then Idk it doesn't change the situation.

Lee: that's true. Wyd?

Madison: Lee... the person just logged in ... it's trying to me...

Lee: what did he/she text?

Madison: LEE! IT KNOWS!

Lee: Knows what?

Madison: KNOWS THAT I TOLD YOU.
I got a chill down my spine. My heart beating faster as I thought of what Maddie texted back... making me question, how the he'll does this person know so fast?

My phone vibrates I look down to see that's Madison hasn't texted anything goes back, but I check to see on my messages the name of the profile name Maddie said was stalking her 'hereiambutnowimnot'

Hereiambutnowimnot: Your next Lee. I'm coming for Madison first.

I call Madison, no response. Straight to voice-mail.
I receive a text from Madison.

Madison: this has been going on for 5 months already, I regret not telling you sooner, but I was hoping it would stop but it hasn't. Lee I love you... you and my family. Thank you and goodbye Lee. .. I love you.

I call 911 tell the address where Maddie lives. I quickly start running to Maddie house, not caring if I'll die with the life threatening message that person told me. I knocked on the door,her mom answers it asking what's wrong but I just ran to her room. She's not there. I got to the bathroom but she not there. Where is she I asked her mother and tells me she hasn't returned home since this morning thinking she was with me this while entire time.

"where is she?"
Without thinking I reply to the person 'hereiambutnowimnot' asking him where is she?

Hereiambutnowimnot: she's gone. At least to what she told me. We made a deal.

Lee: what deal did she make?

Hereiambutnowimnot: she sacrificed herself so that her loved ones could live such as you and her parents. How sweet of her.

I couldn't believe this monster.
Lee: what did she ever do to you?

No response.