Chapter 3-Dance Fest

Cassandra's POV ❤

Picture on the side is of Emma Allan who's role is played off by Emma Watson.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"So students this year for the first time our school is organizing a festival which will have various events such as: dancing, singing, cooking, designing and many more. You get to participate in any two of the following events and if the judges like your performance you can get to make your career in any of them. So whoever wants to take part in dance please submit your names to me." Said Mrs. Monroe aka our dance teacher. I didnt have to think twice before submitting my name. I love dancing and I know very well that I do not stand a chance in singing or cooking. At the end we were sixteen girls who had submitted our names. Only seven of us could take part and so our teacher told me to select the best six dancers and that I did not have to give auditions. I grinned, being the captain of the cheer squad had its benefits. She told me that I could start with the selections now so I went inside a room and called all the girls seperately. I must say that they were all really well. I short listed nine and then got them all together.
"Okay girls. Now you have to do your best. You have to see what I do carefully. I will only repeat it twice and then you will have to do it. Only six of you will be selected so do your best." I said to them and performed. I did a cartwheel and then went down and did a split. After that I did a back summersault and ended it with three spins and a flat back. Two girls couldnt do the cartwheel but the rest of them did fine. I selected six of them and then we all went to Mrs. Monroes. When we stepped in the room we were shocked to see that there were seven guys sitting in the room as well but what surprised me the most was that Alex was sitting there as well.Mrs.Monroes identified our expressions and told us to join the boys so she could explain.
"Okay boys and girls the event manager has said that the dance is meant to be done with partners and no it is not a group dance it is going to be a duet. Also I will be selecting your partners and giving you guys you themes." Mrs. Monroes said. I groaned. I could already sense that I was going to be paired with someone whom I wouldnt want to be with.I looked around hoping I would find a decent boy. My eyes stopped at Alex and he smirked at me. When the teacher started announcing the names I just kept my head down. Atlast only two guys were left, one of them being. Alex I closed my eyes and prayed that I wouldnt end up with him. I think that god was pissed with me because the next names that I heard was of him and me.
"What!?. Why him? Cant I dance with someone else!? Please miss not him!" I exclaimed in a rush. Miss just rolled her eyes at me and continued talking.
"Okay now for your themes I am giving them to you by seeing your potential. Cassandra and Alex, Nina and Roy you can take 'love' as your theme. It can be salsa, tango, ballroom anything. Serenity and Trinity you two and your partners can take depression. You guys can take contemporary or any such theme and the rest of you can make it comedy. Do anything that you think will look funny and entertaining, say for example bollywood . I suggest that you start with your choregraphy as you still have fourty-five minutes left. I also suggest that you meet at someones house for your rehersals as the show is in two weeks." With that she told us to go and start.
"Hey sweetcheeks should we start?" Alex asked in a flirty manner while wriggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and went to the teacher.
"Exuse me miss. Could you please suggest us a dance style?" She looked at me and then at Alex. "I guess since you both are really good dancers I could suggest you to do something difficult and steamy. You guys can do something containing salsa and tango since both of you know the styles. Alex you are good with salsa while Cas you are good at tango." She said happily.
"Thank you miss." Was all I said before walking away. "Okay so now since we are dance partners and are stuck together, let me introduce myself to you. I am cassandra Wilton. Your dance partner and new neighbour." I said and looked at him. He just shrugged and started looking through his phone for a good song.
"I have heard that you are really good at Jazz. I was thinking that we could combine two songs and dance on them. We could start with tango and end it with Jazz. This way the crowd will also be able to see two different styles of dance styles which we can perform." he said. I actually liked his idea but all I replied with was a shrug and an 'OKAY'.

"So tango is not an easy style. It will have many lifts and falls. It can only be done when two people trust one another. I also hope that you are flexible as you will also have to do some splits."He said while still searching for a song through his song list. He decided the song and let me tell you boy did he have an amazing choice. Not that I would ever admit that in front of him. We started thinking of some good steps when he spoke up. "Okay. So now you need to stand up and show me what all gymnastics you can do. I can think of a few steps but I just want to make sure that you are flexible enough." He ordered me. "I can do a cartwheel, scor-" I began speaking but was rudely cut off by the Bad Boy telling me to show it. I rolled my eyes and took a step back. I did a cartwheel, a scorpion, a handstand, a back flip, a bridge , a one-handed bridge, summer saults, a side-split and lastly a center split. By the end he was just shocked. I grinned knowing that he did not expect me to do all of that. What? I was not the captain of the cheer team for nothing. He was about to say something when Mrs. Monroes walked in and told us that the class was over. She also said that we would have to meet at someones house and practice our routine. With that we dispersed and I made my way to designing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy guys! So this was the third update. I hope you all like it. :)

Make sure to comment and vote if you guys like it.

Also,I am really sorry for the slow updates. I'll be updating soon. I love ya'll <3.