Chapter 24

Your Point Of View
*Three Weeks Later*

"My birthday is in a week, and prom is in three weeks." Normani said.

"I know it is, Mani." I said. She was in her bed, and I was in mine. We were both watching TV. Her party was next Saturday, and everyone was coming. She even got celebrities to come.

"I have to get my outfit still." She said. I agreed.

"We should go now." She said. I groaned.

"But, I wanna be lazy." I said.

"Wait, do you have a prom date?" She asked me.

"No, when everyone's slow dancing I'm gonna run on stage and start dancing." I told her.

"How can you not go to prom?" She asked me.

"Mani, relax. It's junior prom. Next year I'll be ready to go." I said.

"Prom is prom. It's important either way." She said.

"I'll find someone to take." I said. She kept rambling about prom, and her birthday.

"I'm going to Zendaya's house." I said. I walked over to her house. I walked in, and went up to her room.

"What's up?" I asked, falling on her bed.

"Hey, Y/N." She said. I took my shoes off, and got into bed with her.

"So, what's going on with you and Keke?" I asked.

"Nothing." She sighed.

"It's okay. She'll come around sometime." I said.

"I would get her at Mani's party, but I can't go." She said.

"Oh shit. I forgot you can't go. Well, it'll be worth it when you have the baby." I said. She nodded, and turned over.

"Alright, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Jayden asked Keke to prom, and she said yes." She said.

"Z, you always have next year. I'll even help you plan." I told her. She smiled at me.

"There's my Zendaya." I said.

"Who are you going to prom with?" Zendaya asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know. There is nobody to take. I would take Dinah, but I don't feel like fighting Shrek." I said, referring to Nela.

"Why is she with him?" She asked.

"I have no idea. I spent more money on her in one date than he did the whole time they dated. I was falling in love." I said.

"Well, are you still in love with her?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I don't think I'll ever stop. Even if I want to I'll just fall deeper, and deeper in love." I said.

"It's so sad that she can't see how great you are. You're an amazing person." She said.

"Enough about me. Who are you going to prom with?" I asked her.

"Since Keke is going with Jay, I'm probably going with Trevor." She told me.

"Awe, you're going with your baby daddy." I said. Zendaya smacked my arm.

"Y/N, stop saying that." She said.

"He is. Would you like for me to call him the sperm donor?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm going to sleep." She said. I put my arm around her, and she put her face in my neck.

"Goodnight." She said.