Chapter 5

After filling Cassy in on what had happened at the dinner party, I decided I should get ready for Eric’s party. I had to decided to go to the party. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know myself but I just wanted to, for some reason. I slipped on my party dress which was a black strapless dress and for shoes, I put on my red pumps. After curling my hair and applying my makeup, I texted Cassy and told her I was ready to leave. Cassy wanted to come with me in case anything happened at the party.

When we arrived, I was quite shocked. I had never really been to one of these crazy high school parties. I saw a bunch of people dancing, some on the floor, and some on other people, if you get what I’m saying. A crowd of people stood around drinking. I immediately regretted coming.

It wasn’t long before Eric had found us and invited us to play a game of truth or dare in the living room. I agreed, thinking, “how bad could it be?”

It was bad. Very bad. Some people were getting dared to run outside naked, kiss random people and even switch clothes with another person. And if you didn’t complete the dare, you had to take a shot. I had already chickened out so many times, that I didn’t even remember how many shots I had. I stood up from the game, looking around for Cassy. I was ready to go home. I finally found her making out with a random guy in a corner. It looked like she was just as drunk as I was. I stumbled around looking for Eric, so that I could tell him I was leaving, in case Cassy went looking for me but I couldn’t find him. I could barely walk in my high heels. I stumbled around in my drunken state my vision getting blurry. Soon, I bumped into someone and landed on top of them.

“S-sorry.” I slurred.

Then I realised that the person I had landed on was Eric. I immediately blushed and tried to get off the floor.

“You don’t like the top? Don’t worry I like when the girls are on the bottom.” Eric said, clearly sober.

I just rolled my eyes, not having the patience for his smart ass comments.

“I’m leaving.” I told him.

“So soon? The party just got started!”

“I need a drink.”

“I’ll get you one, stay right here.”

I stood around waiting for Eric to come back. The loud music making my heart pound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so maybe I had a little too many drinks.

I was currently dancing with Eric on the dance floor, drink in hand. Eric wasn’t as drunk as I was, he was pretty sober yet we were grinding on each other like there was no tomorrow.

“You look really good in that dress.” He whispered in my ear.

I giggled throwing my arms around his neck.

“I want you to take it off.” I told him.

His expression was shocked. I started kissing his neck and I could feel his breath hitch. “Don’t you want to take it off?”

“No, Jen. Stop. You don’t know what you’re saying. You’re drunk.” He said.

“Fine then, I’m going home.” I said stubbornly.

“You can’t. Your parents will be furious if you come home this drunk.”

“Well then where am I supposed to go?” I asked them.

“You can stay here for the night. I’ll text your mom from your phone and tell her that you’re sleeping over at Cassy’s house.”

“Okay.” I said.

The party had kind of died down by now. It was already 3 in the morning and most people had already gone home. Eric’s older brother was trying to wake up some people who were passed out on the couch. I laughed to myself and thought, “At least I didn’t pass out.”

Eric carried me upstairs, because I could barely walk on my own two feet. He laid me down on the bed, and covered me with a blanket. It smelt like him. A musky, but fresh minty smell. He took off my shoes and threw them onto the ground. I heard him walk towards the door leaving but I stopped him saying, “Please, stay.”

I felt the bed dip down next to me, which told me that Eric had laid down beside me. I snuggled closer to him for warmth, and he wrapped his arm around me. Soon, I heard his soft snores, and I drifted off to sleep.