Chapter 8

(This is a special chapter, with Eric's POV! Ejoy! Please fan, vote and comment!)

Eric’s POV

I hopped back into my bedroom, shutting the window behind me. I kept the curtains open, just in case I was able to see her one more time. Don’t call me a stalker, I just like seeing her. When I first met Jennifer, I wanted her. Her perfect, goody two shoes personality attracted me for some reason. Maybe because I’m the exact opposite. I didn’t usually go for girls like her. When Cindy came into my room that night, it felt wrong. Usually I was up for seeing her but, after meeting Jen... I don’t know. I honestly just looked at Cindy as one of my mistakes. Weren’t they all? Well except Jen of course.

I’m scared that she’ll lose her trust. I don’t exactly have the best reputation. In the last month, I had ‘dated’ about 3 girls, not including Jen. Wait, was I dating Jen? We really hadn’t been on a proper date yet. But I want to date her. I want her to be my girlfriend, I just don’t want to drag her into all the crap in my life.

She’s different from the other girls. She’s not fake. In fact, she never really wanted anything to do with me, until we kissed. I have to say, that boosted my ego quite a bit.

I stopped pacing around my room and sat on the edge of bed, facing the window. I saw Jen walking around her room in her pink pajama shorts with cupcakes on them and laughed to myself. She had her now dry hair up in a messy bun, and she looked amazing. She really didn’t need all the makeup that she wore. Jen is truly beautiful and genuinely sweet. She doesn’t deserve anything bad. That’s why I’m afraid. That night, when I was crying, it wasn’t because of Cindy. Hell, I had never cried over a girl before. l honestly can’t believe a smart girl like Jen would believe that. There was a bigger picture. But I don’t think Jen is ready- or will ever be ready for that matter to see it.

I saw Jen, turn off her lights and get into her bed, covering herself with a blanket. Her body was turned away from me, but I saw the light of her phone. I texted her goodnight and shut my phone off and went to bed.

~~~The Next Morning~~~~~

Jen’s POV

I woke up smiling. I hadn’t done that in a long time. Maybe because for once everything felt right. Even though Eric was a ‘bad boy’, I still feel like I can trust him, and that’s always comforting. I got out of bed and headed downstairs for breakfast. My dad was sipping on a cup of coffee while reading the newspaper, most likely the sports section. My mom was humming along to the radio while spreading peanut butter on her toast.

“Hey mom, hey dad.” I greeted them. “Good morning sweetie!” My dad said. “Would you like some toast, honey?” My mom asked.

“No thanks.” I said grabbing a red apple from the fruit bowl. I quickly ate in and then threw the apple core in the trash.

“You seem like you’re in a hurry this morning.” said my mom

“I’m going out.” I told her.

“With who?”

“Just a friend.”

“Okay, well have fun!”

Just a friend, just a friend.  I kept repeating to myself as I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. Obviously we weren’t just friends. Friends didn’t kiss friends. I realised I still had the whole day ahead of me before Eric came to pick me up tonight. I couldn’t wait to see him again.

(Next Chapter will be their daite! I hope you enjoyed chapter 8!)