The Money Problem

"Give me another." Conner Stoll whispered to his brother, Travis. Travis grinned.

"Here you go, bro." He said, grabbing another egg and handing it to Conner.

During the last game of Capture the Flag, Hermes, Demeter, and Ares had been allied against everyone else. Their side had won with Clarisse La Rue capturing the Athena cabin's flag. 

Since Ares had already had a flag, the other one went to either the Hermes or Demeter cabin. The Hermes cabin had done all the defending against Athena's offense, and the Demeter cabin had distracted all the defensive Athena kids.

The trouble was, they couldn't decide who should get the flag. So Chiron had stepped in and given the flag to the Demeter cabin since the Hermes cabin had just had the flag last week.

The Hermes cabin was not very happy with this. So they were egging the Demeter cabin.

"You remember the plan, right?" Conner whispered.

Travis nodded. "We keep egging the cabin until someone comes out and then I act as a distraction."

Artie, a Hermes camper who had a constant mischievous glint in his eye, came up to the Stoll brothers.

"Kayla reckons that we could turn all their flowers into poison ivy and stinkweed with help from the Apollo cabin." He said.

"That's a great idea!" Conner said.

"Yeah, the problem is they want three dramachas to do it," Artie said glumly. "And I'm broke."

"Me too," Travis groaned.

"We both spent our last cent on trick pens," Conner lamented.

"By the way, you may want to watch out for the pens with the red stripe at the bottom," Travis advised.

"Duly noted," said Artie, making a face. "Kayla says she's nearly broke too; I tried to talk her out of buying toothpaste but she thinks it's a necessity."

"Well what about anyone else?" Conner asked.

Artie ticked them off on his fingers. "Jamie wants to order pizza, Rocco only has enough for a new shirt, Ellina won't share any money with us-"  They all rolled their eyes at Ellina's name- "and Arnold lost his money."

They rolled their eyes at this too. Arnold lost everything. Once he had lost a whole cake, and they had never found it, though sometimes the toilet let off an odd sweet smell.

"Well, we'll keep thinking," Travis said. He threw another egg. It hit the window- a perfect shot. Artie clapped him on the back.

Suddenly, the door swung open and a very mad Katie Gardener (the girl who Travis liked) stormed out. The rest of the Hermes cabin fled in panic. She marched up to him, yelling.

"TRAVIS! I am go-" but he didn't let her finish her sentence. He grabbed her and kissed her. She tasted like strawberries. Faintly, he heard a slight jangling sound. Grinning, he slowly inched one hand toward her pocket and pulled out three dramachas.

Now he could pay the Apollo cabin to turn Katie's flowers into stinkweed.

She'd probably find it hilarious.

Probably.