Chapter 3 - "Supey's son"

Joker’s Ace 3 – “Supey’s son”

I’m not so sure how long it took for us to reach Cadmus, but KF had ran ahead to save two of Cadmus’s employees that were thrown out of the building due to an explosion. Running up to the burning building I heard one firefighter shout, “It’s what’s his name, Flash Boy!”

I Chuckled to myself as I watch Kid Flash almost slip down the side of the building and then cling to a window ledge to keep him from having his brilliant brains splatter all over the concrete.

“So smooth” Robin says sarcastically

“He should be called Kid Klutz instead of Kid Flash.” I laughed lightly brushing my green bangs out of my pale face.

Looking up at Kid Flash, Aqualad asks, “Does he always have to run ahead? We need a plan. We need…” He paused as he noticed the boy wonder’s absence, “Robin?”

“Hehehehehe!” Robin giggled as he climbed all the way up to the window that Kid Flash was dangling from and saved the ginger from his demise.

Glancing over at Aqualad one last time I followed Robin’s example and use the fire ladder to get to the opened window, “Hey guys,” I greeted as I landed semi-gracefully on the floor. KF was looking through filing cabinets while Robin was hacking the computer, “How’s the hacking going?” I asked Robin vaguely viewing the screen, not that I could fully read everything, but I could make out some number codes and such.

“It’s fine, I’m breaking through these firewalls but they have a lot of them. There must be something they want to keep secret.”

“I’d bet,” I leaned on Robin’s shoulder to get a better view of the screen, “Batman’s hunches usually prove right. And I wouldn’t put it past these guys to increase security with this fire. The justice league could come and search the entire place, revealing Cadmus’s Little secrets.”

Entering the dark room from the window Aqualad says in an irritated voice, “I appreciate the help”

“You handled it” Robin said focusing on the computer monitor, but I saw a small smirk on his face. “Besides we’re here to investigate. Poetic justice remember?”

Like robin I was focusing on the computer and I pointed to a window on the screen, “Try clicking on that one” I said, “You might find something there”

“Alright” Boy wonder said following my instructions.

I was about to explain further when Aqualad had left our sight and I heard the elevator doors close. Running after KF and Aqualad, Robin and I heard kid flash say, “The elevators should be locked down”

Rushing past us, Robin stood in front of the elevator doors and quickly said, “This is wrong” before looking down at his wrist and opening his holographic computer and scanning the lift. “Thought so” Robin said looking at his computer, “This is a high speed express elevator. It doesn’t belong in a two story building.”

“Neither does what I saw” walking up to the elevator doors Aqualad pulled them apart, revealing a long dark hall to no where’s Ville.

“And that’s why they need and express elevator” Robin said as he knelt near the ledge.

“No,” I said sarcastically, “They just had it for shits and giggles.” As much as I loved Robin, my sarcastic comments would sometimes… A lot of the times slip out. And this time it gave me three dirty looks from the superhero’s beside me. Feeling their glares I look at each other them and raise my arms in surrender, “Sorry, sarcasm slips out sometimes.”

After quickly accepting my apology Robin shot his grappling gun up onto the top of the elevator shaft and jumped down to the deep abyss. I quickly followed after him, not too worried about using the line to slow my fall, nor was I thinking about it when I jumped... “Ace!” Robin shouted as I was about to pass him on his line. He held his hand out for me to take which I greatfuly did, causing both of us jerk roughly as seeing as I was going at a higher speed than robin.