Chapter 3 - Realizations

I was in my room making myself beautiful and going off reports about the captures of dragon slayers. Yes my son too is one too, but I don't want him to know anyone else who is like him. This secret is something that not even Jude knows about. I hear a knock at my door and I put all my reports away.

"Who is it?"

"It is me, Y/n stepmother." A voice said.

Ugh how I hate her.

"Come in." I said.

She came in and closed the door.

"What is it child?"

"Why have you asked the guards to arrest anyone with Dragon slaying magic?" She asked me.

Shit she found out.

"Um, why do you want to know?"

"Because when I was in a village. A young girl no older than 12 was being hunted by Commander Gray. I stopped him and told him to leave. She told me she was a dragon slayer. She also told me that you were the one to make that command." She said.

She found this out from a little girl. Guess she is smart.

"Because dragons slayers killed your mother." I lied.

"Liar, I just asked Father how she died. And he said she disappeared not died." She said.

"Now tell me why are you doing this?" Y/n asked me.

I kept quiet hoping she would leave.

"Just as expected, nothing." She said before leaving.

I sighed and continued my reports.

Yukino's POV

I was in the garden enjoying the scenery when I suddenly saw something. Laxus with a girl with Long white hair and a maid outfit. It was Mirajane!

"Laxus, why not can't you end the wedding? I want to be with you!" She said hugging Laxus even more. He tightened his grip on her.

"You know my mother wants power. If I could I would." He said
"Why must your mother want power? Why can't she be like your grandfather or like you?" Mirajane asked.

Laxus shrugged and faced Mirajane.

"Lucy knows about this and doesn't want this as much as I do. Why do you think she is always always escaping with-" He stopped as he sniffed the air.

"What is it?"

"Yuki is here. Yukino get out here!" Laxus shouted.
My heart started to pound as I walked out the bushes and was behind them. Laxus looked behind him to look at and glared at me.

"P-princess Yukino! I didn't know you were there!" Mira said.

"What are doing here?" Laxus asked me.

"I was enjoying the scenery until I found you both here. Don't worry, I won't tell Mother about this." I told them.

Mira let a breath of relief but Laxus continued to glare at me.
"How do we know we can trust you?" He asked me.

I put my hand on my heart and look at them.

"I put my promise on this Great Kingdom of Fiore that I am going to keep this secret." I say and he looks convinced. He turns back around and snuggles with Mira a bit more.

I turned around and left.

Y/n's pov

I was walking around, trying to calm myself down. That wretched Pollyanna! Trying to arrest all dragon slayers no matter the age. I'll teach her, it's not right. I've heard stories from the maids and chefs that's been here since my mother was Queen. They said that she and Pollyanna never had a good relationship. They said my mother always wore a dragon necklace saying it was very special to her. That got me thinking, dad said he never knew anything about mom's past.

I then thought of an amazing idea!

'What if mom was a dragon slayer?'

Hope you enjoyed that, next chapter coming out tomorrow.

-Natsumi Sakura, President of the OntoImpossibleDreams LLC where you can read stories and request them as well. If you want a certain story, you can ask me to write and PM how you want it to go.

Contact Me!

Kik - denniselo

Hangouts - +Natsumi Sakura

Email - ontoimpossibledreams@gmail.com

Instagram - @nice_yet_mean