Ice?

When I opened the door to see what had happened; I saw a man laid on the floor – moving slightly. I looked around and no one was in the hallway. I rushed to him, wanting to help him and see what was going on. It was a man, about 5 ft 10. Black, shoulder length hair, and he was also black skinned. I saw the bullet in his leg — the unknown man wasn't dead but he was hurt. I didn't know what to do at this point but luckily Harry found me.

The unknown man grabbed me, held a gun pointing at my throat, gripped me and pulled me out of the building keeping me hostage.

"JENNIFER WHAT DID YOU DO? WHY DID YOU COME OUT?"

He covered my mouth so I couldn't speak.

"STEP AWAY OR THE WOMAN DIES"

I tried to fight as much as I could to get away from him but it was hopeless, he had me right in the palm of his hand. I was so frightened. I waited for Harry's answer.

"OKAY, OKAY, JUST LET HER GO"
Harry protested in a soft tone, raising his hands.

"Give me your gun" the black man spoke.

Harry moved the gun from his back pocket to the front and levelled it lower until it reached the ground. He kicked it to where we were standing.

"Gooood." His voice spoke devilishly.

The evil man picked up Harry's gun and proceeded to let go of his grip on me. When I could finally feel my neck, he pushed me towards Harry and ran away.

At this point I sighed from relief and I was speechless. I looked at Harry but didn't say a word to him. All he did was come closer to me, and he just went in for a hug.

I would've backed away if I weren't feeling so vulnerable. After the hug he took my hand and led me to my place. I didn't stop him.

We reached my place without saying a single word.

"I won't be expecting anymore bad guys, will I? Because... That one was enough for a lifetime" I finally broke the silence.

"No I promise, we're safe for tonight"

"Oh dear lord, just for tonight?"

"Yeah, but don't worry I'll be gone tomorrow. Far away from you."

"I'll get you pillows, so you can sleep on the couch" I changed the subject.

"Okay."

When I returned I saw him on the couch laying down so peacefully.

"Here they are"

He got up and looked at me. He just looked at me.

"Something...wrong?"

"No, I just think you deserve the best, and I can't offer that for you"

He took off his suit and I noticed a bruise on the lower part of his neck.

"wow! your bruise!"

"that's nothing."

"WHAT? Nothing? You're joking right??!"

The bruise was huge, it was turning purple.

"I'm getting you some ice. YOU SHOULDVE TOLD ME!"

I ran and brought back a pack of ice.

I put it on his neck

"Ahhhh" he sighs in coldness and relief.

"Harry, how many secrets do you have?"

"I'm not married, it's a scam marriage. I break the law, and I have enemies"

"So you're like apart of the mob? Why do such a thing?"

He didn't give me an answer.

"Okay take the ice off now it's cold!"

"One more minute"

"What?! You're timing this? Who knew there were rules to such things. Ice only makes it better. And not even that much better" he chuckled.

"You kidding?" I raised my eyebrows and continued talking "your bruise is SO much better now."

"If you say so. Hey, I'm just grateful you still allowed me into your home"

He put his hand on top of mine and I started to feel a special type of way.

His eyes met mine and he held the ice with one hand and leaned in for a kiss

I saw it coming and I panicked

"the ...time for the ice it's..."

"I've been counting, I think there's a couple seconds still left"

Then his lips met mine. We were kissing.