Chapter 2

Leah Brown's POV

As the taxi approached the porch to my called mother and fathers home I gave the driver a $20 bill and told him to keep the change.

I knocked on the door and as it swung open I came face to face with my mother as she stood there with open arms.

"My baby" she yelled.

"Hi mom" I said with a slight smirk.

"Come in come in , were in the dining room we have company"

I could only imagine who it was because the last statement was weighed down with attitude and she rolled her eyes.

I walked in the dining room and seen another family. I now knew why my mother was being hateful. The family was indeed white.

My mother and father always had a hatred for the I colored because a whole company shut down her and my fathers company and talked about their race during the process.

"Hello , you must be Leah" the woman said stepping forward extending her hand.

"Your assumption was correct" I said slightly chuckling stepping to meet her hand that stood out waiting to be shaken.

"I'm Sarah Mendoza and this is my husband Bill Mendoza and my son Avery Mendoza"

"Nice to meet you all"

I glanced up and turned to meet my fathers gaze but my action was quickly forgotten when my eyes were locked on who must have been Avery Mendoza.

He met my gaze and smiled.

Curse my light complexion because I can feel my face turn as red as the ripest Apple on the tree.

But it was soon subsided when my mother cleared her throat and gave me a blood churning stare.

"Mr. Mendoza" my father began , " I would like to say that you have a wonderful business your running."

"Thank you but cut to the chase Robert"

"I want my business back"

He let out a booming heartedly laugh. "Your one funny man"

"What in the hell is funny Bill"

"Your one funny son of a bitch"

"Don't you dare called my husband out of his rightful name you bastard" my mother chimed in.

"Your kind has no respect for anyone but themselves" Sarah retorted standing up grabbing her coat and purse and excusing herself from the conversation.

Her son , my soon to be husband , and her husband all took that as there que to leave.

As Avery passed by be he gently grazed my shoulder which was very purposeful. But who was I to complain. He smelled like total heaven.
________________________________

I just had to update but thanks to you all who has given my book there attention

Vote !

Comment !