MLP is not what I expected it to be

I love MLP and I want to say I did not write this so no copyright intended

So, I’m sure everyone is familiar with, or at least has heard of, the popular show titled ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ right? Well, I myself don’t know much about it, but my best friend is a big fan. 

He wanted me to become a fan of the show as well, because he said that the show has good morals and is pretty funny; despite its original intended audience being little girls. While I don’t enjoy it people trying to make me like something, he’s my best friend, so I thought I’d take his word for it. 

This all happened when I was walking home from school with him though, so of course while we were walking he couldn’t exactly send me a link. He said that he would send me a link when he got home. After we parted ways, it was only a short walk home for me. 

When I got home, I checked my computer to see if he had sent me a link; his house was a bit farther than mine, and he hadn’t sent me the link because he hadn’t gotten home yet. I didn’t mind, I wasn’t too eager to be sucked into a fandom; or to disappoint him if I didn’t like it for that matter.

To pass the time I decided to disregard my homework and play video games. After a few hours of battling other online gamers, I remembered that my friend was supposed to send me that link. 

I got off the game after one last battle, and win, to check my Facebook. Sure enough, he had sent me a link with the message ‘It was hard for me to decide which episode to send you, and I personally don’t like the first episode, so I just sent you this one. It should be enough to show you how awesome this show is! : D’

I clicked the link, and it directed me to a video on YouTube. It seemed to be an episode of the show, from the second season. I paused it so I could read the description, you know, to see if it could give me any ideas on what the episode was about. Not much help there; it only stated the name of the episode, ‘Putting your Hoof Down.’ 

That didn’t help me much, but then I went to click the play button to start it; and I yawned. I looked at the clock, and it was nearly one in the morning! I quickly tried to decide whether I should watch the video or not, because I had school tomorrow!

* * *

I woke up grumpy and tired, like how I usually wake up. I tried to think back to last night, I couldn’t remember if I had watched the video or not; I have a very bad memory when it comes to being sleepy. 

I don’t think I dreamed anything significant, but I think I did have a dream. I can remember something; in my dream I think I saw a cartoon character. I can’t remember it clearly, but it was yellow, and it was giggling. 

Huh, odd. Well, it was just a dream, dreams often make no sense. I can just disregard the giggling yellow thing. 

As I had said, I couldn’t remember if I had watched that video or not. But my friend wanted me to watch it, and I had to leave for school in half an hour. I quickly got dressed and ready for school, and then hurried to my computer.

I found my computer turned on, I must have forgotten to turn it off before I slept. I pressed a button for the monitor to turn on, and it did, but to a white screen. Just white, nothing more, nothing less.

At first it scared me; I thought that something had gone wrong with my computer! But after shaking the mouse, I saw my cursor appear and a bar rise up from the bottom. I let out a sigh of relief; I recognized that bar, it was the progress bar that shows you how far you’ve gone on a YouTube video. 

It seems that I had left the computer on a YouTube video, and it was on full screen. I still couldn’t remember what had happened last night, but I deduced that I must have opened the link, pulled it to full screen to watch, and then got tired and went to bed.