Chapter 2- Hope

>Hope<

I listen closely to the recorded voices, hearing garbled language in the background of the crudely spoken English of the foreign person. President Snow's clear cold voice fills up most of the transmission though, and I frown whenever his voice pops up.

"This is a meeting between the two 'Presidents', Snow and the other president, President Aura. They were discussing an alliance between the two countries, but it failed. President Snow then had these files," Katniss pauses.

She pulls up a secret file of notes, battle plans, and strategies.

"Of a secret war between the countries. Snow later found out that Aura had a plan too, before he himself died. We are still rebuilding Panem, and this is the perfect chance for Aura to attack."

My golden brown eyes widen at the thought of a secret war, right under the Capitol's nose, the district's nose, everyone's noses, so to speak.

"This is a dangerous situation, and the whole of Panem could be at risk. That's why I sent you two here. You could fly over to there-" she starts to say.

"What!" I exclaim, shocked by the entire thing.

"We aren't even of age!" Lily comments. "I doubt we are ready for this..."

"Who one the Capitol Games, against all odds? I don't doubt either of you, and that's why I asked you two to come. You have more experience with this kind of stuff than these Capitol fools in the other room!" Katniss reminds us.

"What about our parents? Do they know?" Lily asks softly.

"They know, I told them a while back, actually. They believe in you guys too." Katniss answers.

"I'm in. I wanna kick some whatever-that-country-is-called ass!" I stamp my foot in defiance.

"It's Saranah, Hope." Lily says. "And me too. I'm built for these types of missions. Where do we start?"

"I knew I could count on you guys!" Katniss smiles, a real one now. "You guys have to disable them, quickly. I can give you some information and supplies, but other than that, you're on your own."

"Well then, what's stopping us?" Lily and I remark at the same time and then burst into giggles. Great minds think alike.

"Nothing. At least we have better weapons then them." Katniss encourages. "And they are located in ancient-day Scandinavia. Here are the files Lil'" she hands her a small chip of memory which "Lil" pockets.

"Hey! I'm taller than Hope!" She protests.

I quietly snicker, and Katniss continues.

"Fine, Lily. But look at the chip tonight, and examine it closely. There are many things you don't know."

"But I thought I knew everything." Lily rolls her eyes. "Okay, Hope and I will check it out on my computer, at the hotel we're spending the night at."

"Good girl. Now, I better get going." Katniss points out. "Have a fun time."

"We will!" I holler as she walks out.

Lily and I are escorted to the hotel and we hop out of the car immediately.

"I hope they have a computer at the room so we can upload the files and look at them some more." I say.

"Yeah." Lily says shortly as she walks through the automatic glass door.

We quickly check in with the pink haired lady at the front desk, and the lady asks,

"Aren't you a little young to be in a hotel by yourselves?" she questions with a look of suspicion.