10

That went well, I thought bitterly as I trudged my way home, trying to recall what had happened. It was all a blur. Marcus and I went on our date, and we were having fun and laughing. The next thing I knew he was mad at me and we were arguing. And we broke up. Just like that. I kicked a stone in the sidewalk as I tried my best to remember what we had fought about.

Something wet hit my forehead and I looked up. Great. It was raining. Because, you know, this day couldn't possibly get any worse. The couple of drops turned into a light drizzle, and then from there into a down poor. I guess the universe just loved proving me wrong.

"Sherlock?" I called as I entered the flat, glad to be out of the rain. The whole place was eerily quiet. "Sherlock?" I called again. Nothing. Maybe he was out on another one of his cases...

I went into the kitchen and made myself some tea. Turning to sit down with the cup in my hand, I noticed a piece of my notebook paper lying on the table, covered with Sherlock's messy writing.

I have to go. I'm sorry. It seems I have a habit of coming when you need me and leaving when you’ve become dependent on me. You probably won’t see me again for a long time, and I’m sorry about that too. I wish you the best.

For a man who claimed not to have feelings, he was getting awful sentimental. I guess everyone was just leaving me today...

I can’t leave you alone. And you can’t go back to your father. I’ve tracked down Harry. I suggest you stay with her.

There was a sticky note on the bottom with a number on it I assumed to be Harrys. I went and picked up the phone and dialed the number. It rang a couple of times and I was about to give up when she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Harry, it’s me, John."

"John?"

"Yeah, hey listen, I know we haven’t talked in a while but..."