Ch2 "good luck to the next generation"

"Ugh I'm so glad we're on break from school," Leighton groaned trying to beat me at mario kart.

Leighton had slept over from last night which usually happened now and then.
School had been hell for me this year and I couldn't stand being there for another second. How was I supposed to get through one more term of high school? Just one more term and your free I kept telling myself. Just one more term and you'll finally graduate. I felt that being on break was just making this year go slower and slower. I just wanted it to be over and done with already! The fact that both Leighton and I didn't have a date for prom at the end of the year wasn't helping either.

I had currently turned 18 and I'm still trying to find a job.
Possibly one that I actually enjoy other than my old job at the movie theatres.
I quit from there, it was the worst I could've ever imagined. People never understood the fact that if you bought three tickets you'd get one free NOT if you only bought two tickets then you'd be able to get the third free. It's not the way it worked.

I found myself getting so frustrated at people in movie theatres. I remember asking one kid to quite down during a movie due to a complain and only ended up getting covered in popcorn and got called a slut.

Wtf is even wrong with kids these days? How to they learn this shit? Technology has definitely changed people. Good luck to the next generation. I'll just be praying in my little corner over here. You do your thing. Also I am most definitely not a slut. I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 years.

"Leighton you suck at this! What happened to I'm soooo going to beat your ass at this Lydia?" I giggle as I took second place in 'mushroom gorge' as Leighton took tenth.

"It's not my bloody fault Princess Peach pushed me and I fell off the freaking mushroom!" He slightly raised his voice getting worked up from the game.

I always found that whenever Leighton and I played wii, either one of us would get really frustrated about losing and would end up shouting at the T.V. We'd only be able to play 2-3 games before one of us got completely lost it and the other had to turn the television off before it went to far and someone broke something.

"Ohhh yeahhhh I win... AGAIN!" I rub the fact into Leighton's face and begin to do my victory dance.

"Kids lunch is ready!" My mother calls from downstairs.

"Be down in a minuet," Leighton yells back.

Leighton had grown to really get along with my mum so well. I found it kinda strange at how a teenage boy could get along with someones mother who was practically almost 50.

"You know," Leighton began "your mums hot!"

"Shut up," I laugh.
"She's married, Well, was... Anyways your not going to date my mum I wouldn't let you!" I soon began to get a little disgusting by the thought.

"She is hot though! You should be proud, you take after her." He grins.

I was about to say something to shut him up when another ding arupted from my phone. Probably one of the 5th dings that has come from my phone since this morning.

"Who keeps texting you?" Leighton asks.

"I don't know, some drunk guy. He thinks I'm some chic called Ashley."

Oliver: babe answr meee!,,,!, I misa ÿu.

Lydia: your dm's are going to the person. I'm definitely not your babe!