A Lovely Welcome

There is a house far from the hills, yet too good for the valley. Society worships us, dying for the secret that holds our family with such perfection. The taste of this glorious family, the empire of it all.

I poor the vodka into one of my dad's glass cups. 12:30 pm, it's evening somewhere. I take a mouthful of the drink glass and swallow. The stinging of liquor burns my gums a little, my throat more. I shake my head and put the glass down.
"A little to early for a drink don't you think?"
I turn to see my older sister Zora glaring at me.
"I'm also a little to young as well, but I think we all I know how much value that has for me," I say with a slight grin.
Zora shakes her head, "disgusting."
"Yeah, well. Someone's got to be the rotten fruit of this family tree, don't you think?"
"I think your twin brother Travis, is in competition for that title. Do you want it on a plaque or a trophy like him?"
She grins at me, acknowledging that I don't appreciate her humor.
"Why are you hear anyways? Don't you have some case to study at your law firm?"
"I took the day off, our parents anniversary dinner is tomorrow night in case you forgotten."
"How could I? 'The perfect couples 20 year alliance, with their perfect children' we're the tabloids talk about in this bloody town."
"Yes, well mother has to me to come to you and help you find an outfit. Better me then her, you two always end up In a fuss."
"She doesn't understand my style."
"Does anyone?"
I sigh and try to the open the bottle of liquor, but Zora snatches from my hand, " No, we have to go find you an outfit. Tomorrow is a very important night, and I have a strong gut feeling the tabloids have already stressed that enough for you. So you or Dad's bottle of liquor is not going to ruin that Ms. Layla Michelle," I roll my eyes. She stares me straight in the eye
"Family first, Layla. "
I do a slight giggle and take the liquor from her hand and placing back on dads table.
"That is the funniest thing you've said since you walked in here my dear."
-------------------------------------------------------
"This tie is not my color," Travis said turning to me.
"And I don't like this dress, but this isn't for us, Travis."
"When is it ever, Layla"
"Alright! I'm coming in to see you guys, put all your secrets back in their boxes," Zora said with enthusiastic joy that Travis and I wish we could have right now.
"Inappropriate." Said Travis.
"Oh you guys look great. Oh, Travis your tie is crooked."
"Good, it will be a small way of me symbolizing the charade our parents plan on pulling tomorrow night. Something small and poetic that the tabloids won't catch."                                    "Of course not," I added, "They'll be too busy praising us in the charade"                                        "Not the time nor place," Said Zora, "this dress is speaking beautiful volumes."    

"To who? I look like a nun who took a slight risk," I said. 

"Good, you better hope God is the only other person outside your siblings to know about you, princess Layla."
-------------------------------------------------------
Anne Louis POV
"Tell the florist I change my mind, I want Jasmines  instead of Daisies. Oh and make sure Mr. Randolph is next to Mr. Louis all evening."
"Yes, ma'am. Do you still want the orchestra placed that way?" Michelle asked.
"Yes. There's suppose to be a moonlight tomorrow night. And I want them placed perfectly for all too see Daniel and I dance,"
Michelle nodded as I see someone grip my
Waist and sway me.
"Oh Daniel, you had me startled. What are you doing here?"
"I just wanted to tell Michelle to add another person on the invite list."
"And who might that be sir?" Michelle as getting her notepad and pen out again.
"My secretary, Samantha Greyson."
"Yes sir."
"Michelle will you give my lovely husband and I a moment?"
"Well of course," I watch her walk away.
"Samantha Greyson, should I put her in the table for business, or go ahead and place her right in your office for pleasure," I ask calmly.
"Anne, not right now, or later, or tomorrow night. You may continue you pathetic trial of my unfaithful alleged acts after the period of this dinner party," he says and swiftly walks away.
I can see Michelle walk back towards me,
" Where would you want her to be placed, shall I put her with the other co workers, or investors-"
"Non-sense, you'll put her right next to me."
-------------------------------------------------------
Layla POV
"Have you ever tried putting it in your ice cream?" I asked Travis.
"What? No! Where did you learn that?"
"The family trip we took to the Caribbean. It got hot and I still wanted to party," Travis let out a big laugh.
"We know who the wild twin is," he says as he pours rum into my bowl of ice cream, then into his.
"Join the dark side my brother."
"You two are absolutely insane. Then again, I can't judge."
I turn to see my oldest brother Micah, I run and give him a big hug.
"I see I'm still your favorite person in the whole world."
"Just be grateful alcohol is not yet human. Then you'll have some competition," I turn to see Zora. Travis behind her with a big smirk.
"Play nice," Micah said while greeting everyone else.
"Gladly." I say heading upstairs with my bowl of ice cream in my hand.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Dinner Party 

Zora POV

"This dressing is fighting with my bra," Layla says fighting with her collar.
"Will you stay put, their about to announce us," Zora says pulling Layla's hand down.
"Let's make tonight interesting," Travis responded with a grin.
"How so," Zora asked
"Whoever impressed the most people to mom and dads ear tonight gets $500"
"I'm in" Micah says cheesing
"Me too," says Layla
"Majority rules," Zora says rolling her eyes
"Now ladies and gentlemen Anne and Daniel have accomplished so many amazing things throughout the years together. But let's bring out their greatest creations of them all. The Louis children!" Michelle announced as the audience cheer.
"Smile bright kids, the cameras may steal our souls," Travis said as the door opens.
-------------------------------------------------------
Anne POV
Everyone is seated at their tables. I see my beautiful children smiling and greeting, the ochestra plays and the moonlight is just outstanding, just as I planned. And lovely Samantha is seated next to me... Just as I planned.
"So, Samantha, I take it you know my husband well. You working with him and all."
"Uh, yes ma'am, he has been a pleasure to work with."
"I suppose so. Tell me, is your job hard?"
"Pardon me?"
" A young girl such as yourself must have extra with all the energy, based on the light work you do for my husband. Unless there is more. "
"I don't get what you're getting at Mrs. Louis"
"Here's what I'm getting at," I say moving closer to her ear to whisper what I have to say, "your past is not exactly spotless. Prostitution is not something you can cover up now can it?"
I heard her do a fearful inhale.
"So my proposition to you is simple: You keep your relationship with my husband simply                                   business or I will reign so much demons on you it will make Lucifer jealous."                                             She froze.

 "Do I make myself clear as the crystals on my earrings?"

"Ma'am I have never-"
"So it is done then," I quickly interrupted
She gets up and leaves as Daniel begins to give a toast.
"To my lovely wife, thank you for the most challenging yet fantastic 20 years of my life," he raises his glass.
"Here's to many more"
The crowd awes and claps, I let out a slight grin.
------------------------------------------------------
Zora POV
"Yes Mr. Randolph I would certainly love, for you to come to my 28th birthday this summer" I said smiling while walking away.
"Fun party huh?" Said Travis putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Not now Travis, I'm trying to play this game you made"
"Mm. Fun isn't it, well I came her to warn you about our sister. She is a little tipsy and flirting with the help that is twice her age."
"Oh God," I head straight for the bar and and see her twirling her hair at a muscular man holding a bottle.
"Are you out of your mind?"
"What? I'm just having fun, me and this guy are having fun," she says pointing to the bartender who is grinning looking so evil.
"Let's go!" I grab her and begin to bring her upstairs.
"No! Leave me alone, I want to go back to the bar with my friend." I see Travis and Micah come to towards us
"Layla, listen to me. You are going to ruin this party if you stay down here-"
"OH MY GOD, SOMEBODY CALL 911"
I turn to see my Dads secretary laying on the ground with a pool of blood surrounding her head.
"Too late for that," said Travis

The Hills have eyes. A metaphor my family cannot take it so lightly. We are far from perfection, we are the devil's wet dream... Welcome to the Louis Estate, please keep your shoes on. You might not want to get too comfortable with us....
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for Reading!