The kitten roars

A/N - Video is Animals by Maroon 5. Please see it if you haven't. You'll like this chapter better if you know the song :) But it's a bit graphic, so viewers discretion is advised. 

Holly's POV

It had been a few days since that creepy incident, my parents were still out of town. Adam remained mostly on the sidelines. I would just see him practicing his music and sticking his tongue into women's mouths. But whenever we shared eye contact, his face would give me the creeps. As if he was minutes away from coming at me. I would always scurry away when I saw him and I knew he found my reaction satisfying.

Alex recovered pretty quickly, thanks to all the TLC he received from half the school. Meanwhile, I had grown quite close to Mindy after the umbrella incident. I was glad that I had found such a nice group of people to hang out with in this new place.  

But sleep did not come easy to me. Maybe it was because I was home alone in this new city, or because everyone had freaked the hell out of me about Adam on my first day. I would often parade around the window, half hoping to meet his eyes in the dark, but like I said he vanished. Just like that. And of course, I was relieved. 

"Hey, Holly watcha doing? Oh my god you like pathetic."

I snapped out of my reverie. 

"Huh what? Me oh.... Hi Jenn, how are you doing?" I said groggily.

I was walking like a zombie through the hallways of Xavier's.

"How are you doing Holly, you look um different."

"Couldn't get any sleep again Jenn. I was just walking around the house like a headless chicken the entire night, waiting for someone to kill me, with a knife and a phone and ..."

"What are you even saying Holly, I can't make out one word. Can you tell me slowly - chicken? Phone? Knife?"

"Hi Holls, how are you now"

"'m good Mindy"

"As good as a dead rat that is Holly. Were you parading again all night with a knife?"

"How did you-"

Baby I'm preying on you tonight

Hunt you down eat you aliveJust like animalsAnimalsLike animals-mals

"What is that horrific noise, my eardrums are about to burst," I said. 

"That must be Adam and his band practicing Holly. They are you know quite good you know."

"Good really? I can just hear drums, and more drums and some noise." 

"If it wasn't for their music, they would have been out of the school long back," said Mindy. 

"Yeah, Adam's band is called The Divergent and they are some of the best out there. Their music, it's just got that power you know," said Jenn dramatically. 

"Yeah, power to make blood flow out of my ears," I rolled my eyes. 

"Come let me show you the craze," Jenn said dragging my hand.

"What? Are you nuts?" Now I was wide awake. "I can't face Adam!"

"Oh come on Holly are you going to spend the rest of your life scared of him? He probably won't even notice you in the huge crowd."