Chapter 3: The Sanbi's Jinchuriki

"Oh..so that's how it is...it is you who has been controlling the Yondaime Mizukage." - Hosigake Kisame to Uchiha Obito

Water Country

12 Kilometers west of Kirigakure

It had been five months since my second meeting with Yahiko.

In course of time the Akatsuki had grown big. According to some people in Ame they were still termed as ignorant kids, but many thought them to be the actual bringers of peace. Though I never met Yahiko again, I knew that he would be thanking me profusely the next time we meet.

The third shinobi war had almost come to an end. With Sunagakure backing away, it was about time the other villages noticed that sending their shinobi to death was pointless. Not that I cared.

Slightly satisfied that Nagato is in good hands, I had taken my leave from Ame towards Kirigakure, leaving the black and white Zetsus behind to keep tabs on the group. In their last report they mentioned that the Akastuki had an unexpected meeting with Hanzo, regarding an alliance of sorts.

I was pleased. With the war coming to an end, the Akatsuki's true goal is soon to be realized...or that's what Yahiko would think, and then I would meet him again to hold my end of the bargain and Yahiko would honor it as long as it promotes his idea of peace. I made a mental note to not to mention Nagato again in our meetings. Though Nagato was the reason for our meeting, mentioning him would cause an uncomfortable drift and Yahiko would assume again that I was just using him to further my own goals, though that was the truth.

I would eventually reveal my plan, step-by-step to Yahiko, who would then choose whether or not to reveal it to the rest of the Akatsuki. Though with the right amount of persuation, I could convince him and Nagato to gather the bijuu, but, I still should be careful about revealing the fact about what would happen if all the bijuu were sealed into the Gedo Mazo and the real truth about the plan. As for reviving Madara with Rinne Tensei...that would have to wait.

Trusting Yahiko with the whole plan had a fifty percent chance of his agreement, but then again, there was an equal probability that he would downright despise it and that would be the end of our deal and Nagato would be lost. Though I had sterner means of convincing him, I would be happier if I didn't resort to them.

Now to the Matter at hand.

I exited the boat I was sailing on, landing nimbly on the shores of Mizu no kuni. I would've preferred to use Kamui to travel here. But you could say I was slightly bored of being in the shadows. It was refreshing to be out in the open once in a while.

I continued down the misty dirt road towards Kirigakure. The trees overhead cast pleasant shadows over me and a cool breeze ruffled my cloak gently. The orange red of the sunset was slightly disoriented by the hanging mist in the air. It was a beautiful evening. I would have truly enjoyed the scenery had I not other concerns at the moment- like the five Kiri hunter-nin overhead who were watching my every move.

Kirigakure was my true destination. But, today-

I held out my hand as a combination of wooden roots and metal rods grew out of it. The Kiri nin overhead stiffened.

-I have to make a stop at the shore lines.

"You ready, Tobi?"

Two full seconds later Tobi said in a weak tone."Yes..."

I broke the wooden spike that I had impaled into the last Kiri nin's shoulder, pinning him to the ground.

"Now.." I said, my voice shrill and playful like Tobi's. "...time for some info-gathering!"