(1) Baby say what?

"Oh, sorry," I muttered, bending down to grab all of the books I've just thrown everywhere. "I didn't know where I was going."

The person, I just bumped into, bent down to help me pick up my books. It was a really big moment, but unfortunately, that moment ended when I looked up to see who it was.

"Actually, I don't need the help," I yanked my Psychology book out of his grasp. "Thank you."

"What the hell, I was just trying to help."

He glanced at me and frowned.

"I don't need your help, Ryan."

"Kathleen, right?" He asked and I shrugged. "You're that huge bookworm that everyone keeps talking about."

"You're that huge bookworm everyone keeps- no," I mimicked, gathering the rest of my books. "I'm not that person."

He turns his head to the side, "Are you sure, 'cause I'm pretty sure you are."

I laughed sarcastically, "Sorry, but you're mistaken."

I stood up and straightened my skirt, about to walk off, but a hand grabbed my arm. I turned around and waited for him to speak.

"Maybe you should tone down your acting," He whispered, smirking. "You're really bad at it."

I chuckled and ignored his comment, continuing to act out our little scene, "Sorry again, but I'm not interested in your little 'hang out'."

Spinning on my heel, I walked away before he could reply and headed towards the front of the school.

Mom was supposed to pick me up from school today, but I'm guessing she isn't? She's like 30 minutes late. I had to visit the library (not that I'm complaining) because she was late.

The sound of footsteps banging on the school floor rapidly echoes throughout the school and I groaned.

It better not be Ryan.

Someone's hard body crashed into me, causing me to stumble towards the steps, but not far enough where I could fall down the stairs.

"I'm so sorry," The person apologized and ran in front of me. "Are you okay?"

I looked into beautiful sparkling gray eyes.

"I'm fine," I assured him. "Hey, you're the new student, right?"

He shrugged, chuckling. "You could say that."

"I'm Kathleen," I held out my hand for him to shake. He gladly takes it.

"Hunter."

Oh my gosh, that's the most beautiful name I've ever heard.

"Your name is beautiful too," He laughed, still holding my hand.

"Did I- Did I say that, out loud?"

"It's fine," He reassured me. "I do it all the time."

I hope it's not all the time.

A car honked from the parking lot, which made us look at it.

Mom.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to ruin this conversation, but I have to go."

"You're fine," He said, letting my hand go. "I'll see you around, Kat- I could call you that, right?"

I smiled and nodded.

We waved goodbye and I stalked off towards mom's car. I didn't even get in the car when she asked, "Ooh, who's that?"