(4) More drama than Vampire Diaries

I hate him.

I hate him.

I hate him so much.

Ryan and I almost had a fight (KEYWORD: Almost), again. Technically, it's not a fight but more of a quarrel, you know?

Vocabulary. Nice.

Up top, girl.

I groaned and pulled out my phone that was blaring 'I know what you did last summer' by Shawn Mendes featuring Camila Cabello.

Not embarrassing at all.

"Hey mom!" I exclaimed into the phone. "What's up?"

"Everything's fine," She responded, somewhat monotone. "Except -- I'm looking at something very interesting right now."

I nervously laughed, "And what's that?"

"Oh, I don't know; probably the image of my own daughter watching The Vampire Diaries."

"What?" I trailed on.

"Yeah, Thea Evans is watching Vampire Diaries and I wonder who let her watch that," I could see her giving me a death glare.

I cleared my throat, "Mom, don't go all crazy on me. She's practically fourteen, I'm pretty sure she can handle kissing and nakedness here and there."

"That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about what your father would say, once he hears about this."

"Well, then he doesn't find out about it."

She laughed, "Please stop. You're making my stomach hurt. No, really. Kathleen, get this girl to stop going on The CW."

I groaned, "Yes, mother. Oh, by the way, did Mrs. Carter contact you in any way?"

"Yes! She did, actually," My mom replied. "It was an email about a baby project?"

I gave her a quiet mhm.

I wonder how she's going to react. There's a slight possibility that she'd kick me out of the house. What if she does? Holy guacamole..

SHE IS!

"Mom, please don't kick me out!" I begged. "I know it sounds bad but it really isn't my ba-"

She cut me off, "I know, sweetie. It's just a project, right? No biggie!"

"You're taking this extremely well."

"I wasn't going to go crazy."

All of a sudden, someone called my name.

"Kathleen!" Ryan called me. "We're ready!"

"Oh hey, mom?" I said into the phone, gesturing to Ryan that I WAS ON THE PHONE. "I gotta go. Bye, love ya."

With that, I hung up and walked over to Ryan. "This better be good because I was on the phone with my mom."

"Nathan's in the baby seat and we gotta get a move on," Ryan held up the carrier Nathan was in. "Carter said something about being dismissed for the rest of the day and going out to eat? I don't know."

My face lit up, "We get to go eat? I heard about this really nice restaurant right near -"

"No no no," Mrs. Carter interrupted me and came over to us. "We have much more important matters to attend to! Your living arrangements!"

I choked on the gum I was chewing, "What?"

She nodded and walked away (I'm
guessing to tell others), her heels clicking against the floor.