One

-Madison

I laugh as my little sister plays with my keys as if they're the most fascinating object to be on this planet. Of all the things in life that could disappoint me and upset me, my eleven month old sister is not and will never be one of them. My mom may be a druggie, and my dad - well I may not know where he is since he left six months ago with a skank, but that doesn't mean I don't love my sister : another product of my mother and father. It just means we have something in common. Terrible parents.

I turn the cart around the corner as I look at the many stuffed toys that I could get for my little sister. She loves anything that makes noise, as most babies do, but she also likes anything that is soft and cuddly. I guess I'm out of luck with ideas. I'll just walk around until something catches my eye.

I walk down the aisle, looking at the many toys constructed just for kids my sister's age. It's when a big Barbie doll house catches my eye that I hear two boys - around my age, maybe - getting closer towards my sister and me, and I can't help but to hear their conversation.

"Paul, you have no game! You can't talk to girls," one voice chuckles as they gain in proximity.

"Yes, I can," the other exclaims, whom I assume is Paul.

"Talk to that girl," the other says, sounding challenging and confident. Oh no. Please don't mean me. Please don't mean me!

"Uhm, hi," a voice mumbles, clearly right beside me. I turn my body to face him, already extremely nervous. I give a nervous smile as he looks back at the other boy. When he doesn't drop his challenging expression, Paul looks back towards me. "So, I like turtles."

I can't help it. An amused expression crosses my face as I burst into a fit of laughter. For any normal girl, this would be the moment I think, "wow,what a loser." I am not, however, a normal girl, so I actually think about befriending this awkward stranger. Well, until I remember he is, in fact, a stranger. Then again, everyone is until they meet and become friends.

"I like turtles too," I smile when my laughing fit has calmed down. "I'm Madison."

Shock crosses the poor guy's face as a smile creeps it's way on as well. "I'm Paul."

"I'm Danny," the other guy cuts in.

"Well, Danny. It seems like Paul does, in fact, have game," I smirk as Paul still looks like a shocked little duckling. I laugh again. "Turtles are a great way to start a conversation. They're just so green and adorable! Let's not forget the fact that there are teenage mutant ninja turtles as well!"

"Can I call dibs," Danny asks as he walks closer to us. I think it over. Danny is the one that dared his friend to embarrass himself while he sat back and laughed. As punishment, I think it's only right to give Paul dibs. It's only fair.

"Paul is the one that brought up the turtles to start this lovely conversation in the first place. I think he should get dibs. Sorry pal," I chuckle as I turn back around and grab the Barbie play house, examining it. I don't think she going to want this at her age yet. I set it back down and grab the stuffed panda beside it with many different buttons. Yes, I like this. I set it into the cart and as I look up, I see Danny glaring at Paul and Paul smirking. "Cmon, Danny. Don't be a bad sport."

"I'm not. You're just really hot and cool. I definitely want dibs."

"Danny, you heard the lady. I have dibs,"
Paul joins in the joke as I laugh and push the cart down the aisle further. I continue to walk around the wal-mart as the two follow, friendly conversation occurring along the way. I thankfully got their numbers before I left, so after I get home and after I'm in bed, I get two text messages.

from- Dibs Wanting Danny: goodnight. im gonna get that dibs one day

from- Paul<3: goodnight beautiful. thanks for giving me the dibs. does this mean I can get a date?

to- Dibs Wanting Danny: never in your wildest dreams

to- Paul<3: we'll see

I then drift off into a peaceful slumber.

--

Hi guys !! I hope you enjoy !! This is one of my first fanfics that I think I'll actually keep in an interest in . Let me know how you like it , and please vote comment and share . Cmon, help a potato out .

I love you guys and I love Danny and I love Paul !! Stay you and eat lots and lots of pizza !!

-The_Nerd_In_Vans xoxo