Chapter One

(Idfc by Blackbear Tarro Remix)

1 year later

Maddison's POV

It was a cold Friday November night, the dead lifeless leafs scatter across the cold ground. As I walk home from work, I decided to grab a nice warm hot chocolate.

As I walk in the bell above the door rings, and my friend Lila is behind the counter.

"Hey honey, you want the usually?" She's says starting to make it.

"Mm I kinda want a hot chocolate." I say placing my finger on my lips.

"Okay." She smiles, and starts to make it.

The bell above the door rings again, and I turn to see who it was.

I froze. When was he doing here? In New York!

"It's ready-" She stops and looks at him and then back at me.

She mouths 'what is he doing here?' and I shrug my shoulders. I quickly grab my hot chocolate, and walk out. My phone rings.

'Come through the back door, around the back.' Lila texts me.

As I walk down the dark, frankly creepy alley. Lila opens the door, and I scoot in. She could tell by my face expressions I was horrified, and dismayed at the same time.

"He didn't even notice me." I began.

"It's so weird out of all places to be, it's New York." I nod.

"Well I just wanted to make sure you where okay." She says awkwardly.

"Yeah I better get going any way."

I leave the Cáfe and head home. It was dark, and bitterly cold. But I didn't mind. I took a small sip of my hot chocolate to test if it was hot.

-

When I get home I brew some water for my tea which I have before bed every night. I slip on my glasses, and go thought my emails. For my job I take calls for a clothing company, and write down the orders, and then send the order to the shipping company. I check for any new job offers because honestly I hated my job. It was like the ones you see in the movies, were everyone one has that dead bitter faces on them. Yeah. I really hated it.

There was nothing so I close my computer, and threw it on the couch. The water brewing went off, and I grab my cup. I start to pour the water into my cup. I walk over to my couch and play some random movie that's like an hour in.

Hours later while I'm in a deep sleep, there is banging and loud noises in the hall. Rose is home now, and she was up as well.

Rose is my roommate. She has short blonde hair but she can pull it off. Also she is short, with curves. No wonder why she knows Jack. She does cosmetics for music videos, and oh yeah she really good at makeup.

"Do you hear that?" She asks rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah." I say stretching.

"I'll go take a look."

I walk got the front door and because it's an apartment building and we are on the first floor, we hear everything.

When I open the door there is a boy that's back is facing me as he carries boxes upstairs.

"Hello?" I softly say.

He turns around, and throws me a dirty look.

"Why are you doing here?" I ask beyond puzzled.

"I could be asking you the same question." He answers.

"No I was here first, and I deserve a answer beside a cocky one. Seems you haven't changed a bit." I say cold and bitter.

"Mhmm it's sad how I can say the same to you."

And just like that he slammed his door. I scream, and slam my door.

"Guess who moved in!" I yell to Rose.

Her face goes emotionless "Cameron." She says annoyed.

*
Hey guys, that's the end of chapter one for 'Again'. Yes I'm back with another book. Sorry it took so long, finals for school got me. So don't forget to comment and vote. Also I'm still editing 'Faking it'. But that it byeeeee