Chapter Eight

Madison's POV
I get back from my run, and the house is still empty with no one around. Rose is never home anymore, she always stays w her new boyfriend. As for me, I didn't mind being alone, peace and quite is nice.

I have a crap ton of emails to answer, and procrastinating won't get it done. I sit at my
island and get to work.

*Later that night*
It's about 7:30, and Cameron still isn't back. He did tell me he would bring me back some food, because I wasn't planning on cooking.

Don't get me wrong I really do enjoy being alone, but i always overthink things. And it's drives me up a wall. Where could Cameron
be? He did say he was gonna be with Nash for dinner.

As my thoughts get more worrying and concerning I slowly began to doze off.
-
I wake up confused on the couch. I pick up my phone and it's around 2:00 in the morning, and sadly still no Cameron. This boy really confuses me. He will say and act upon what he says, while other days doesn't do that so much.

I call his phone, three rings and he picks up. Weird.

"Hey, where are you? I didn't cook dinner because you said you would be back with food?" I asked kinda mad but more concerned.

"I- Ahhh I got caught up with work baby. I- I'm sorry, ill bring you coffee in the morning." His breathing is heavy.

"Oh umm okay. See you then. I guess." Before he gets to say another word I hang up.

He sounded like he was hiding something, and why the hell was he breathing like he just walked up stairs. Before another thought came to my head, I fell asleep.
-
The next morning I wake up around 10:30. Still
no Cameron.