FIVE

Just as I was about to enter the huge door someone opened it and bumped into me and squeezed me. Mom's hugging me tightly and brought me in to sit on the couch. Waiting for me to explain what happened, they looked really worried including Tito Carlos. "Let her tita, she need a rest. She's in trauma." He speaks and sat on the couch as well, after he gazed at me and point my room by his lips, so I walk to the stairs. "Send her to her room Maverick and return afterwards, you still have some explaining to do." Tito Carlos says then Stranger or Maverick stood up and walked me into my room then pat my head before leaving.

      A smell of bacon and chocolate woke me up. I sat and saw a food on my bedside table, I can finally eat breakfast in bed. A "SORRY" written with bacon and a dozen of cookies with chocolate frappe, sweet!

      Feeling better, I walk down the stairs to the kitchen. Surprisingly I saw Maverick wearing apron again and he seems to be baking something in the oven. It smells chocolate which is maybe the cookies he gave me and my super favorite so I walk sniffing the odor to where the smell came from. He stops my head with his pointed finger on my forehead. "What?" I said a little surprised, "I gave you your part." He says while he covers the oven from me. After I discovered he's top less and only the apron covers his upper tuned up sexy body, I felt more hunger and I bet I'll drool in a minute. "Now you make me a chocolate frappe or you won't be eating any cookies again." Sabi niya pa nang may pagbabanta. Wow! Just wow! Now he's ordering me and block mailing me at the same time?

     "Don't you have maids?" I asks while doing what he just order me to. "Uh-huh. They're gone, I scolded them so they quit. Easy as that." He answered confidently as he transfer the cookies to another plate. "I've been seeing you cook. So you're really good at these huh." I asks, well actually it's not a question it's more like a compliment and when I do compliment someone I really expect a 'thank you!' But since it's impossible for him to thank somebody, his thanks will be the taste of his cookies instead. He stops and stares at me for a minute before he speaks, "I've been baking since I was twelve so I guess I am. Not to mention my major is Culinary Arts." I've been thinking how his cookies tastes familiar. Like I've already tasted it before somewhere, but I just can't remember where and when.

       "Aishh!" I frown when he get the last cookie on the plate. I want more! It tasted really good, but I'll keep it to myself. He won't appreciate it anyway. "Hurry! You're coming with me." He said as he took the apron off his body but I didn't see his abdomen, because he turned his back on me walking halfway to his room. "Why? Where?" I asks. Is this his way of asking someone out? He didn't answer. Pagdating ko sa kwarto ay agad kong sinilip ang iPhone ko, tsaka ko lang nakitang may tumatawag pala. "Yeah?" I said as I answer the call. It was mom. "Zoe. Did Maverick tell you already?" She says as I pick up a nice clothes on my closet, still holding my phone. "Tell me what?" I quickly answered. Tell me to go with him on a date? Well he's too confident about that. "You're going on a enrollment at their school honey! That's where you're going to study this time." She said then hangs up. What a manner! Wait what? Now we're going on the same school? What are we? Brothers and sisters? Arggg!

      I'm wearing long sleeved polo and a ripped jeans while my coffee brown naturally wavy hair's down. I put up a lip tint and draw a little eye brow and that's it. It can do all the magic. I'm not really like other girls. Those who are so fussy, and me? More like a tomboy. I dances and am actually a member of one of the biggest dance troop at my old school that is why it's hard for me to go back to zero. I got friends there and I was like a queen there, but here? I was nothing. Well! At least at first.

      We've arrived on my new school which is his school and my-uh ex boyfriend's school. It's funny how coincidence plays, of all the school in the Philippines, we're going to study at the same university? For real? I remember I use to have braces and glasses before, but I took it all off just for him. So he'll see me pretty, but he refused and put it back together. We've been very close and happy together so we took our relationship to the next level. At first we're so perfect and I thought nothing could ever break us a part because I thought we are so 'in love' towards each other. But suddenly things have changed and turned up side down. We are on a different school so I didn't really see what Duke was doing. A lot were telling me he had someone. I didn't open my ears on them. I don't easily believe in rumors, because I trust him and I really love him at that time. So I keep our relationship strong, I did but he didn't help me do it. Then one day comes, he told me their family were going on a business trip. I believed him, I always does. I'm all alone that time so I got to Bethany's house. I didn't call her first before visiting, because I was too excited to tell her I suspect my boyfriend for having someone else other than me. But when I got there the maid told me she was in Duke's house, so I went at his house and saw him making out with her on the bedroom. Para silang hayok sa isat isa, naghahabulan pa sila ng hininga na kala mo wala nang bukas. Sobrang hina ko pa that time. Hindi pa ako marunong lumaban sa kahit sino. Kahit nakikita ko si Sylvia na kasama ang kung sino-sinong lalake ay ok lang sakin. Wala akong imik. But when I saw all that things between Bethany and him. I changed from angel into demon. From white to black. I was so shocked and I can't move from where I stand. After they noticed me, Duke jumped out of the bed wearing nothing but boxer shorts, run towards me and tell me that he'll explain everything. Explain what? That they were practicing gymnastics on the bed? I run and run until I didn't know where I was. I was too busy remembering what I saw until I was almost hit by a car. The car dodge me and hit the post instead. That's what happened for almost a year ago. Their relationship weren't that strong so I heard they immediately broke up. Bethany apologized and I accepted her. Because I believe that no guy could ever break a friendship. I accept but it didn't help me change. I become a brat and start to give no shit about anything. Till then I had trust issues and just kept all the things to myself. Maybe I was too broken that even I... don't know myself anymore. Shit happens.

       Maverick had been speaking to me before I got back to reality. "Hey! Stop daydreaming and listen to me." He says just as he snapped his finger in front of me looking real serious. "What?" I answered, configuring myself if I heard something from him. He gave our papers to the guy and we walked away together going to somewhere I think I know. I've been here before, Duke took me here once. "I said wait for me here. Try out is about to start. I'll just change my clothes. Be patient dopy." At umalis na siya naiwan akong nakaupo sa chairs ng mga audiences. Wait! What? Did he just call me dopy? Arggg! That brainless peace of junk. Humanda siya sakin pagbalik niya. I can see that the team begins their stretchings and stuff, but BJ's not here yet. He's such an import. Feeling important. Don't think green about that BJ thingy, that means Brainless Junk.

     Someone covered my eyes from behind while I was watching all the handsome players and while I waits for BJ. Must be him already. "You took like forever for changi-". Hindi pa ko tapos magsermon nang paglingon ko ay hindi ko inaasahang siya ang makikita ko dito. Ang taong ni kaylan man ay ayoko nang makita at ang taong sumira sa pagkatao ko. "Hi Babe! Miss me?" Sabi niya pa nang nakangisi. Kung hindi din talaga kasing kapal ng lubid ng barko yung muka niya eh no. "Who are you?" Sabi ko pa nang nakataas ang kilay at clueless ang mukha para effective ang pagpapanggap kong hindi ko siya kilala. "Oh! I don't think you don't know this face babe. Haha!" He says as he insert a dumb grin on his face then whine stupidly. "Really? I don't think you care Du-dope." I was planning on calling him by his real name when I changed my mind. Change U to O and add P, E. Perfect! "Woah! Sorry but I do and I miss you too Babe!" He added as he lean forward. All the varsity players had been watching us for a while now and he doesn't want to lose. I was planning on slapping him so he'll get humiliated when someone talks. "Stop it Christian! Stop making a scene here or I'll call a guidance." It's BJ who just called Duke by his second name. He knows him? Of course he does, they're in one team dumb ass! And BJ is the President in their department. I said arguing with myself. "Tell them what Dwight? That I was about to kiss my ex girlfriend?" He says then chuckles. Right after the awkward moment someone whistles then shouted. "Okey guys! Time for the game!" That was maybe the coach. Who's Dwight by the way? Does BJ had second name?